Social Media Customer Support Associate
This opening is more than 156 days old and is very likely already filled.
Social Media Customer Support Associate - Tampa
We're looking for new Social Media Customer Support Associates to join our growing team of Social CS Rockstars in our Tampa office! This role is a unique opportunity to join a team of people who are passionate about customer support, that love to help customers, and who want to work in a disruptive, fast-growing, and fun environment to help millions more potential customers save money by using TransferWise!
You'll receive a competitive package including a starting salary of $14.00/hour, stock options in a fast-growing company, and a wide array of other benefits at Tampa Bay Times' #1 Midsized workplace!
- Create a wonderful customer experience online across all of our social media platforms (including Twitter, Facebook, and YouTube) - and understand that making a customer happy is crucially important to our success
- Be creative, friendly, and solution-oriented with both customers and colleagues
- Constantly stay up-to-date on social media processes and applications and look for new ways to use them to help our customers & team
- Understand the need to meet expectations, rise above them, and go that extra mile for customers
- Make an Impact - You'll fuel this revolution as the first point of contact for our customers on social media, but you'll also have the freedom and support to improve processes and take on additional projects as you grow into the role. We're all about intellectual curiosity, growth, and a solution-oriented mindset, because after all, this isn't just a job to us!
- Be Yourself - We're looking for team members who have friendly personalities that are fun to work with! We don't believe in scripts or dress codes, and if you're having a "ruff" day, no worries, there's probably a dog or two in the office to cuddle. We're not interested in drama, only good Karma!
- Work Globally - Our customers are all over the world and our team members are just as diverse. We're 2000+ Wisers strong, with 70+ nationalities working in offices from Tampa to Tokyo, and several places in-between. Our customers come first and we make no compromises on this, but our teams are right on their heels, so we leave ego at the door!
- Inspire Teams - With your ideas, knowledge, self-starting attitude, and customer insight, you'll directly drive innovation and help us make money borderless! Whether you're starting a side project from scratch or working with a product team to offer expert customer insight on a feature - whatever the mission, we get it done!
- You have exceptional verbal & written English skills - and an additional language is strongly preferred (Spanish, German, French, or Italian, in particular)
- You have previous customer support experience - previous experience providing customer support online (via social media, chat, community management, etc.) is a definite plus
- You're flexible. Happy working day or night shifts, and the occasional weekend or holiday shifts. Our customers come first and they're all over the world - so while you'll set your own schedule, we need to be flexible to their needs, so we can't guarantee your preferred shift and shifts change over time
- You're organized. You can multitask - you're also punctual, reliable, and methodical in your approach with a solution-oriented mindset - and you've got a sharp attention to detail which makes learning new systems and procedures a breeze
- You're cool under pressure. You take responsibility in challenging situations and you keep your composure if things get tense
- You're an exceptional communicator. You're straight up and honest. You're able to own up to your mistakes and you follow through when you say you will
- You're open-minded. You're comfortable and calm when giving or receiving feedback, you crave information, love learning new things, and you can't wait to be part of the team
- Most importantly, you're going to be an excellent addition to the team by helping to build the team's culture and set a great example by living our values on a daily basis
- You've got at least a high school diploma or GED equivalent
- You're able to type a minimum of 35 WPM
- You must already be legally authorized to work in the US. We cannot support visas for this role. This is a full-time, physical position in Tampa, Florida
To Apply: Please submit your Resume in .pdf format.
Some of your benefits:
- $14.00/hour starting salary
- Generous stock options in a fast growing company
- Medical, dental, & vision insurance - including HSA and FSA options
- Company-paid: Life Insurance, AD&D Insurance, Short & Long-Term Disability, and an EAP program
- 5-weeks of Paid Time Off annually + 10 paid sick days + 10 paid banking holidays + a paid volunteer day + other leave opportunities, including 16-weeks of paid parental leave after a year with us
- 401k with up to a 4% employer match
- All-expenses-paid annual company holiday in Europe
- 6-week paid sabbatical after 4 years with us
- Work remotely (5 days per month)
- Weekly "Team Lunch" on us each Thursday
- Coffee, drinks, and breakfast food options available daily
- Doggy-friendly office
A bit about TransferWise:
Since 2011, we've had a clear mission: money without borders. Built by and for people who live global lives, we're the fairest, easiest way to manage your money across borders.
We're just at the beginning of our story and we're growing at an incredible pace. We won't stop until anyone, anywhere can send, spend and receive money wherever they are, whatever they're doing. There's still heaps to do and we can't do it alone.
At TransferWise, you'll be joining a movement of people who believe in a better, fairer, more transparent way of moving money around the world. You'll collaborate to do your best work and take on problems that no one has looked at before.
If you're keen to learn, grow, try new things and aren't afraid of a bold plan, you'll fit right in.
How we work:
At TransferWise our strategy emerges from the collective brainpower of all our people, who are organized in dozens of independent, autonomous teams. Teams stay closest to our customers, so they choose what problems to solve and where to spend the most time.
You'll experience radical levels of ownership and empowerment within your role. Plus the opportunity to see the direct impact of your work on our customers.