Applications Support Analyst
This opening is more than 156 days old and is very likely already filled.
Job DescriptionThe Application Support Analyst is responsible for implementing, maintaining, and evolving Enterprise Applications including Office 365, and providing Tier 2 end user application and technical support.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Develop solutions and optimize company use of enterprise applications and collaborative tools.
- Application Owner of SharePoint Online and Office 365 applications.
- Facilitate the adoption of Office 365 including SharePoint Online, Teams, and other Office 365 applications.
- Ensure the operational reliability of Office 365 and SharePoint Online environments including security, availability, performance, and interoperability.
- Establish and maintain security and governance for the Office 365 environment, including: SharePoint site collections, groups, security groups, distribution lists, and all other areas of Office 365.
- Create proof-of-concepts to provide solutions and demonstrate Office 365 (including SharePoint Online, Teams) functionality and features according to business needs/requirements.
- Develop and maintain documentation of Office 365 governance, processes, procedures, knowledge base articles, and implemented solutions.
- Collaborate with business stakeholders to analyze business practices throughout the company to promote digital transformation and process improvements.
- Consult with business process owners to obtain additional information, gather and define functional, technical, and design requirements.
- Research and propose innovative and alternate approaches when evaluating the best solution based on business needs
- Provide end user training and best practice recommendations.
- Develop and maintain standard operating procedures and related documents for best practice documentation.
- Provide guidance and support for collaboration tools such as online meetings and remote conferencing tools.
- Provide Tier 2 problem resolution and consulting to end users.
- Escalate server and network related issues to the Systems Administrator.
- Serve as backup support for Tier 1 position.
- Provide POS system issue escalation and vendor management support.
- Evaluate, implement, and/or coordinate system installations/modifications with vendors and affected end user/stakeholders
- Remain current with industry technology and trends
- Develop software tools which compliment, expedite, and improve system performance, software development and system efficiency.
- Evaluate software solution requests to determine feasibility, cost, and time requirements
- Provide purchasing recommendations by identifying the solutions to best fit end user needs while remaining cost effective.
- All other job duties as assigned.
- Must have experience with Office 365 and/or SharePoint online implementation, administration, governance, and support.
- Minimum 3 years of experience working as a Tier 2 support role in a large enterprise environment
- Must be able to document business requirements and translate those to technical solutions.
- Must have experience creating solutions with PowerApps, Flow, OneDrive and SharePoint online
- Ability to independently manage projects following standard project management methodologies.
- A high degree of self-motivation, commitment, and integrity
- Ability to manage multiple projects at the same time
- Ability to operate as a team player and independently
- Strong communication, customer service, troubleshooting, and organizational skills
- A Bachelor's Degree is preferred but not required. A minimum 2 years of college training and/or specialized technical training with courses applicable to duties
- Any related technology certifications are a plus. Examples are MCSA, CompTIA's Network+ or Server+.