Kibana - Senior Product Designer
We have a simple goal: to solve the world's data problems with products that delight and inspire. Elastic is the leading software provider for making structured and unstructured data usable in real time for search, logging, security and analytics use cases. Since its initial release in 2012, Elastic's products have achieved more than 100 million cumulative downloads. Today thousands of organizations like Cisco, eBay, Dell, Goldman Sachs, Groupon, HP, Microsoft, Netflix, NY Times, Uber, Verizon, Yelp, and Wikipedia use the Elastic Stack, X-Pack, and Elastic Cloud to power critical systems that drive new revenue opportunities and massive cost savings. We believe that diversity drives our vibe. We unite employees across 30+ countries into one coherent team, while the broader community spans across over 100 countries.Engineering Philosophy
Engineering a highly complex distributed system that is easy to operate via elegantly designed APIs is a non-trivial effort. It requires solid software development skills, and more importantly, a sharp mind and the ability to think like a user. We also care deeply about giving you full ownership of what you’re working on. Our company fundamentally believes great minds achieve greatness when they are set free and are surrounded and challenged by their peers, which is clearly visible in our organization. At Elastic, we effectively don’t have a hierarchy to speak of. We feel that anyone needs to be in the position to comment on truly anything, regardless of his or her role within the company.What You'll be Doing:
- Provide product designs & prototypes.
- Maintain our Sketch library and keep parity once your designs are coded.
- Provide design recommendations and support through code review for a large team.
- 5+ years of design experience working on complex web applications or SaaS products.
- Experience with Sketch, specifically in the context of developing a design system.
- Facility with thinking in terms of systems, marked by an ability to make design decisions that scale and result in reusable patterns, palettes, and components.
- Considers how low-level design decisions affect the big picture and the future evolution of the UX.
- A positive attitude and a matching commitment to innovate
- The ability to code your designs in HTML and Sass or a similar preprocessor.
- General terminal and git/GitHub skills.
- Familiarity with JS frameworks like React or Angular.
- Some understanding of Dev ops, business analytics or security mindsets and needs.
- A love for animation. Familiarity with tools like Pivotal, Framer or CSS animations is a big advantage.
- Experience building accessible designs.
- Deeply competitive pay, medical, dental, vision, disability, benefits
- Catered lunches, snacks, and beverages in most offices
- An environment in which you can balance great work with a great life
- Passionate people building great products
- Employees with a wide variety of interests
- Your age is only a number. It doesn't matter if you're just out of college or your children are; we need you for what you can do.
- Distributed-first company with employees all over the world, some even fly south for the winter :)
Elastic is an Equal Employment employer committed to the principles of equal employment opportunity and affirmative action for all applicants and employees. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender perception or identity, national origin, age, marital status, protected veteran status, or disability status or any other basis protected by federal, state or local law, ordinance or regulation. Elastic also makes reasonable accommodations for disabled employees consistent with applicable law.