We are looking for a Technical/Research Writer (Remote) to join our fast-growing team. AdvisorSmith helps small business owners get set up for long-term success by making the right decisions on business insurance. As a Technical/Research Writer, you will focus mainly on researching and creating our articles and guides, which explain and inform readers about key business insurance products and decisions. The ideal candidate has the ability to do deep dives into various topics and create clear and useful content that will reach small and midsize business owners. This position is fully remote, and you’ll work virtually with the rest of our remote team.
These are examples of the types of guides that the Technical/Research Writer will be responsible for:
Our interview process includes a two-part writing test.
- Write and revise in-depth guides, articles, and reports with a focus on owners of small and midsize businesses
- Evaluate and conduct research across multiple sources for key findings
- Understand, break down, and explain complex and nuanced business insurance topics for small and midsize business owners
- Uphold AdvisorSmith’s editorial and stylistic standards
- Gather and analyze data in Excel when needed
- A demonstrated ability to create clear and useful content for consumers and/or small businesses
- Strong analytical skills; experience using Excel is a plus
- Writing of a high editorial standard that doesn’t require extensive editing
- Goal-oriented and metrics-driven mindset
- A strong commitment to comprehensiveness and accuracy
- The ability to work independently, collaboratively, and manage multiple projects/tasks in a cross-disciplinary team
- At least two years of writing experience, preferably in a digital publishing environment
- Demonstrated history of being a self-starter with a strong work ethic and constant drive for improvement
- Comfortable working in a fully remote environment with other remote co-workers
- 401(k) with company match
- Health insurance coverage
- Generous, flexible vacation
AdvisorSmith is a financial services startup offering expert research and advanced tools to small and midsize businesses. Founded in 2018 by two Stanford alums, AdvisorSmith’s mission is to become the de-facto business insurance resource for small business owners. Our content, tools, and expertise have been featured in publications such as The Wall Street Journal, Fox Business, and Yahoo! Finance.
AdvisorSmith is committed to pursuing and hiring a diverse workforce and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment and will not be discriminated against on the basis of any characteristic protected by applicable federal, state, or local law.