Mortgage Compliance Specialist
The Compliance Specialist, reporting to the VP of Compliance & Licensing, is responsible for supporting the activities of the company's risk management and compliance program to ensure compliance with relative state and federal laws and regulations, including but not limited to TILA, RESPA, ECOA, HMDA, Fair Lending and UDAAP, and company policies and procedures. This person may sit remotely.
Essential Duties and Responsibilites, include, but are not limited to:
- Conduct audits to ensure loans are in compliance with federal and state laws and regulations and company policies and procedures.
- Perform compliance/regulatory-related research as requested.
- Review and approve federal and state disclosures.
- Review HMDA data for accuracy and submit the HMDA LAR annually.
- Review marketing material for regulatory compliance. This includes social media, videos, radio, etc.
- Monitor and review policies, procedures, forms and agreements to ensure regulatory compliance with applicable laws, rules and regulations and ensure compliance with company policies and procedures.
- Identify opportunities to enhance the effectiveness of departmental policies and procedures, software controls and additional training needs.
- Assist in providing loan level documentation for state and investor examinations.
- Attend and actively participate in all scheduled training classes including regulatory compliance education.
- Maintain a strong familiarity with all federal and state mortgage lending laws and regulations.
- Assist with projects as needed.
Direct Reports: N/A
Physical and Environmental Conditions:
Standard office environment, equipment and tasks, including work at a computer terminal. This position requires partial sitting and walking throughout the day. Employee must be open to work overtime to complete assigned tasks.
Preferred Qualifications and Experience:
- Bachelor's Degree in related field with 3-5 years compliance experience
- Formal education can be offset with minimum of 6 years consumer financial industry experience
- Proven understanding of regulatory oversight regarding the mortgage industry, including but not limited to: TILA, RESPA, ECOA, HMDA, Fair Lending and UDAAP
- Extensive knowledge of new TRID Rule: the Loan Estimate, Closing Disclosure, new Timing Requirements, and Changed Circumstances.
- Must exhibit strong communication and organization skills
- Demonstrated proficiency in reviewing and implementing policies and procedures
- Proficient in the Microsoft suite of product: Outlook, Word, Excel, PowerPoint etc.
- Ability to work accurately and efficiently in a fast paced environment
- Ability to handle competing priorities effectively and within established timeframes
- Team oriented