Software Engineering Lead - Cloud Integrations Team
Quickly maturing startup seeking like minded Software Engineering Lead! PacketFabric has revolutionized how companies procure, deploy, and manage network connectivity with our network-as-a-service platform. The product team is a small, talented, and close knit group and we need some who has a passion for automating network interaction.
As a well rounded software engineering lead, your technical leadership will make a big impact on our business. You should have a healthy appreciation of facing a variety of diverse challenges outside of your comfort level and working under pressure. This position focuses on our cloud integrated connectivity (Amazon AWS, Google GCP, Microsoft Azure and others) services as well as our B2B connectivity services.
A typical day in the life of a software engineering lead for cloud integrations might include:
- Working with a wide variety of partners across cloud, security, Internet Exchanges, and more along with internal engineering teams and stakeholders to plan technical integrations.
- Reviewing partner APIs and creating detailed technical requirement documents, workflows, and service mockups to define the project and tasks required for new product implementation.
- Working with software engineering to implement systems, test, and deploy systems - reviewing code and architecture as needed to ensure program goals are met.
- Setup, training, and managing partner sandbox environments.
- Explaining engineering analysis and recommendations to stakeholders, then flipping the script and explaining product trade offs to engineers, all the while keeping scale and long term viability in mind with trade offs for faster execution.
- Researching additional ideas you may have to improve the platform overall and sharing with the product team.
The candidates who will excel in this role probably have a CS degree, a solid background working with software or network engineering, a good dose of cloud knowledge, and naturally gravitate towards planning and creating amazing products.
- Many years as a production software engineer.
- Proficiency with Python, SQL and probably many more languages.
- Proficiency with tools like Git, Jira, Confluence, LucidChart, Postman, and wireframing tools
- Exceptional written and verbal communication skills, that accompany excellent organizational skills.
- Working knowledge layer 3 network protocols (BGP, IP, TCP, etc) and network concepts such as (transit, peering, etc)
- A never ending drive to solve complex problems and move projects to completion.
- Experience creating key performance metrics, and financial business intelligence to enable decisions throughout the company.
- The mindset to automate everything, all the time.
- Never afraid to question notions or beliefs of how things should be done.
- Experience with a wide variety of hybrid cloud environments.
- Practical work experience deploying products with one or more of the major cloud consoles