Marketing Intern, Summer
This opening is more than 236 days old and is very likely already filled.
Job DescriptionProgram: Austin
Timeline: June – October 2020, 15-20 hours/week
MassChallenge Texas is looking for a Marketing Intern to join our team for the Summer 2020. We’re looking for someone creative and organized to support our social media content and events. We are preparing to launch our 2020 accelerator applications and need an intern to help us hit our goals. If you’re looking for marketing experience and want to learn more about the startup community then this opportunity is for you!
What You’ll Do
- Work closely with the marketing team to help design digital communications and content that dazzles and engages MassChallenge Texas entrepreneurs and the broader innovation community.
- Schedule and promote all MassChallenge Texas marketing campaigns and events across all social media platforms.
- Conduct daily research for top social media headlines, opportunities, and community events in order to promote to the MassChallenge Texas startup community across all social media platforms.
- Track social media engagement and other various marketing metrics (event and newsletters data, and engagement of various social media platforms).
- Compose blog articles that align with the content calendar and promote the MassChallenge brand.
- Assist in the execution of high-level, external-facing events. This includes, but not limited to assisting in the research of venues, setting up, breaking down, and working the actual event.
- Capture highlights and key moments at events on social media.
- You are a recent graduate (2019) or student working towards a degree in Marketing, Communications, or a similar field.
- You have experience with designing and scheduling content and tracking analytics on various social media platforms.
- You conduct yourself with the utmost professionalism.
- You have exceptional oral and written communication skills.
- You are able to work independently and as a team player, to take initiative, and to exercise creativity.
- You are able to juggle multiple projects simultaneously while delivering quality work hitting appropriate deadlines.
- You thrive in a fast-paced environment and can find the humor in chaos.
- You have the confidence to share your ideas, participate in business conversations, and take (or give) constructive criticism.
- You bleed the MassChallenge mantra, “we help entrepreneurs win,” and are eager to be a part of our community!
MassChallenge is the most startup-friendly accelerator on the planet. No equity and not-for-profit, we are obsessed with helping entrepreneurs from all backgrounds, industries, and regions around the world. We also reward the highest-impact startups through a competition to win a portion of several million dollars in equity-free cash awards.
Through our global network of accelerators in Boston, Israel, Mexico, Rhode Island, Switzerland, and Texas, and unrivaled access to our corporate partners, we can have a massive impact - driving growth and creating value the world over.
How We Work
We envision a creative and inspired society in which everyone recognizes that they can define their future and is empowered to maximize their impact. Our mission is BIG and so we are a team that gives 110% to it every day. Our Guiding Principles ensure we stay true to our mission and our core beliefs:
- Impact Now: Think big, act big, know that you can change the world.
- Be Genuine: Give trust and earn respect.
- Help Entrepreneurs Win: Startups first in every facet of our business.
- Team Up: Work together, empower your teammates, laugh often.
- Own It: Celebrate wins; embrace failures; this is how we learn together. Be at cause.
We believe working at MassChallenge is fulfilling because of the mission, challenging because of the pace and work, and rewarding because you’ll get to build to your resume and skillset here. We value our interns and aim to give them a rewarding experience where they get to own projects and become a part of our community. When you join MassChallenge you join an incredible team and network of innovators and entrepreneurs, you take ownership over significant and strategically important projects, you focus on impact and output, and you help catalyze a global renaissance.
This is a Summer internship that runs from June through October. The position is 15-20 hours a week. Opportunity to work remotely on some days.
Our internships at MassChallenge will overlap with some of a semester. We will expect part-time hours. We are flexible on hours but note that we occasionally do host events after hours.
How to Apply
In addition to completing the online application and providing your resume, please include a one-page cover letter in which you tell us about yourself, why you want to intern at MassChallenge and why you are a perfect match for this position. Our goal is for our team and culture to reflect the diversity of the global community we serve. Employment at MassChallenge is contingent upon verification of identity and eligibility to work in the country that the position is based in, based on applicable laws
Employment at MassChallenge is contingent upon verification of identity and eligibility to work in the country that the position is based in, based on applicable laws.