UX Content Writer
This opening is more than 236 days old and is very likely already filled.
UX Content Writer
- Seattle, WA
Are you looking for your next awesome opportunity to craft content that drives seamless user experience and engagement? Projectline is searching for a contract UX Content Writer for our global technology client. Our client believes breakthrough technology is built by constant experimentation, fearless exploration, and a dedication to long-term innovation. That’s where you come in!
You’ll work in a multidisciplinary design team to co-create product experiences and content, collaborating with product managers and fellow content designers, interaction designers, visual designers, researchers, and data scientists. This position requires understanding of UX, technology, and the role language plays in design. (It isn’t a marketing role, though occasionally you may craft messaging and copy for that domain.)
We’re looking for an enthusiastic craftsperson to create product copy that's clear, helpful, and human. Your main focus is app and mobile interface text, but you’ll need to be flexible enough to craft customer emails and other related product content. If you love making boring stuff interesting and complicated stuff simple and always find yourself asking—“Could this be clearer? Could this be shorter?"—then let’s talk.
- Partner with stakeholders to shape UX from conception to launch
- Write clear and consistent product content (UI copy, names and terms, onboarding emails)
- Define content strategy for launches and features
- Craft everything from key workflows to tooltips and notifications
- Test and optimize content
- Coordinate with Brand, Marketing, and other partner teams as needed to ensure a consistent customer experience
- Drive and document style conventions to help other teams write faster and more consistently
- Join evening and morning calls with our remote teams in Israel and India
We ship business software that meets the same high bar for usability, performance, and design as the best consumer apps and services. And as product designers for AI and intelligence, we bring humanity and clarity to every product, experience, and conversation we design. Our studio’s core priorities:
- Design experiences customers love
- Work as one team
- Deliver success
- Become even better every day
You’re an experienced enterprise or DevOps UX strategist/writer/content designer-type who loves to learn, solve challenges, and dream up new ideas. You've worked on multiple products already, and you're looking for a new adventure. You’re excited about what’s possible when trends converge, in this case advances in traditional business intelligence, data analytics, artificial intelligence, and machine learning. And you’re OK with the hard work of defining away the complexity and managing for ambiguity in an emerging space.
You like to fix what's not quite right, shorten text so that it's pointed but not pointy, and make users unaware of how smooth their ride is (that's what UX is all about). You know how to reduce the number of screens in an app, to remove the extraneous, to drive users to the next page and the next, to shorten the path to done.
You bring these things to this senior role:
- Product UX/content design of enterprise apps and/or apps and tools for IT pros and DevOps teams
- Deep understanding of UX design fundamentals and the creative development process
- Storyteller with a unique ability to develop UX from the customer’s point of view
- Disciplined user of data to drive decisions and measure success
- Self-starter who plans and executes work with minimal support
- Evangelist of brand, voice, style, and UX standards among partner teams to raise content and product quality
- Adept at prioritization in agile workflows
- Comfortable with ambiguity, know your strengths, and have a point of view
- Proficient at influencing up to leadership and across design teams for impact
- Possess a decisive bias toward action
- Insatiable curiosity
- 8+ years of combined experience in product design, content strategy, brand/digital marketing, ecommerce, editorial—whether in-house, agency, consulting
- Strong design portfolio of both personal and team-based work that demonstrates the ability to handle complex and novel user experiences with creativity, leadership, and excellent execution
- BA/BS degree (We know there are many paths that may have led you to the intersection of design and product development so we’re flexible on the specific area of study so long as there is a strong educational foundation to your career)
- UX content design for technical and business customers
- Content strategy
- Information architecture
- Brand voice and style
- Designing for scenarios and personas
- Mapping user journeys and UX flows
- Research and usability testing
- Product positioning and messaging
- Marketing copywriting (emails, web pages) and copyediting
- Terminology research, formulation, and rationalization
- Naming and nomenclature systems
Our client provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability or genetics.
About Projectline Services:
Projectline Services, a division of Yesler Inc., delivers on-demand consulting and resourcing services around the world from our offices in Seattle, Philadelphia, Toronto, Portland, and beyond. Our consultants offer deep expertise in marketing, program management, sales support, and operations.
Projectline has been recognized as an outstanding place to work. The awards keep coming in: We were named one of the 100 Best Companies to Work For by Seattle Business Magazine, included in the Inc 5000 list for five years in a row, and have won a place on the Seattle Met magazine list of Best Places to Work twice. If you are looking for a place where you can grow your consulting career with a list of blue-chip clients, contact us.
Our mission is to positively impact the people around us daily, and the communities we live in. We support our mission by providing an inclusive environment where all are empowered to share their diverse perspectives and experiences so we can ultimately be better together. Our policies, practices, programs, activities and decisions regarding employment, hiring, assignment, promotion, compensation, volunteerism, internships are not based on a person’s race, color, sex, age, religion, national origin, mental or physical disability, ancestry, military discharge status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, source of income, parental status, housing status, or other protected status. We strongly urge women, people of color, veterans, individuals with disabilities, and members of the LGBTQ community to apply.
Follow us on Twitter: https://twitter.com/projectline and Instagram: http://www.instagram.com/projectline
Posted On: Friday, February 7, 2020