Webflow is a visual web development platform that empowers non-coders to create incredible experiences for the web.
We’re looking for a Technical Product Manager to join the Systems and Infrastructure (SAI) group and help us better our customers. From our hosting offerings, to the internal tools we build, you’ll help us create a platform and product that not only delivers world-class hosting performance, but also enables engineering teams to build and ship the next generation of no-code tools.About the role
- Location: San Francisco or US remote
As a Technical Product Manager, you’ll …
- Work with research, design, marketing, and support to understand customer pain points and business opportunities to define a product vision and strategy
- Manage the product roadmap and be accountable for delivering the highest impact for our customers
- Foster collaboration with a team of product designers, engineers, QA, and marketing to explore, prioritize, iterate, and launch solutions
- Work with internal teams to understand and define requirements for Systems and Infrastructure projects
- Communicate team value and deliverables to the rest of the organization
- Follow the hosting/platform offerings of our competitors and conduct capability analysis to understand how we can keep up or differentiate ourselves
- Understand performance metrics and opportunities to better optimize customer experience (bundle size, page load time, etc)
- Motivate your team to do their best work with support, mentorship, and ensuring they lead fulfilling and impactful lives
That said, these responsibilities are just the start! At Webflow, we encourage you to contribute wherever your interests take you — and shape your role accordingly.
And this isn’t just a philosophical bent: we actually give you 4 hours a week (10% of the work week) to pursue passion projects outside of your role responsibilities.About you
You’ll thrive as a Technical Product Manager if you:
- Have experience in a Product Manager role building a product from idea to release
- Have previous experience in engineering or QA with an ability to think deeply about engineering decisions and how to create tools that enable engineers to do their best work
- Value methodical and incremental improvement over heroic and massive projects and efforts
- Are comfortable getting into deep technical discussions with engineers about the pros and cons of different approaches — and making decisions without consensus
- Can communicate clearly and persuasively across different audiences and communication styles (technical and non-technical)
- Have experience working with both qualitative customer insights and quantitative customer data to inform decisions. You’ve conducted user research, a/b tests and have worked closely with researchers and analysts (or have analyzed data yourself)
- Enjoy working autonomously and defining your own direction
- Are able to easily switch between thinking creatively and analytically to solve root problems
- Have an understanding of the technical architecture of complex web and mobile applications
If you don’t meet 100% of the above qualifications, you should still seriously consider applying. Studies show that meeting just 50% of a role’s requirements puts you in the running.About us
At Webflow, we believe that our success will be defined not only by what we do — but also by how and why we do it. So, here is the Webflow “why” and our “how”:
Our dual missions — one for the world, one for us
- For the world: To empower everyone to create for the web and spark an unprecedented wave of digital innovation.
- For ourselves: Lead fulfilling, impactful lives.
Our core behaviors (how we act)
- Start with customers
- Practice extraordinary kindness
- Be radically candid
- Move uncomfortably fast
- Just fix it
- Lead by serving others
- Dream big
- We’ll pay you! This is a full-time, salaried position that includes equity
- We’ll invest in your physical and mental well-being with health, dental, and vision benefits and a monthly stipend for health and wellness expenses
- We’ll pay you to take a vacation … seriously. We’ll give you a $1,000 bonus for taking your first vacation with us that is more than 5 days
- We offer flexible parental leave
- We provide remote employees with the equipment they need to create a great remote work environment
- We will offer you the support you need to help you grow as an impactful Technical Product Manager and a human being
If you share our values and our enthusiasm for empowering the world, we’d love to review your application!
Note: You'll need valid U.S. work authorization to join us.