As our Data Scientist, the experiments and analysis you deliver will impact the tens of millions of users Stack Overflow sees each day. You’ll work with interesting data sets around our community Q&A, team collaboration and hiring products, our ads offerings, and our internal sales and finance processes. Partnering with our engineering team, you’ll have ready access to our data, tooling, and infrastructure.
In a typical week, you will liaise with multiple product teams, field requests from all levels of the company (from individual contributors to the CEO), and participate in the development of our internal data systems. There is considerable variety in work throughout the year, ranging from model building, to survey design and analysis, through to A/B testing.
As you deliver results, you’ll also be empowered to share your knowledge with the organization as a whole, highlighting the implications of your findings and the manner of their discovery. We also encourage team members to present their findings publicly and present them opportunities to do so. You can expect to have plenty of opportunities to directly impact product decisions, business plans, and new features.
What we’re looking for when you apply:
- Your resume shows that you have at least 3 years of experience with quantitative analysis and statistical modeling
- You are willing to work primarily with R and some know basic SQL (any other programming language would also be a bonus)
- You have a high level of comfort discussing (in writing and in conversation) specialized information with people who may not share your expertise
- You are comfortable working in RStudio and the Tidyverse
- You have experience partnering with engineering and product managers as you see the impact of your research through into product and development decisions
- You’re interested in working here. We read every application, so please make sure to let us know what specifically about this role and working here interests you
What you’ll get in return:
- Ability to work remotely, with flexible hours
- 20 days paid vacation + holidays
- Completely free health insurance - no copay, no premiums (US residents)
- Generous parental leave (12-16 weeks at 100% pay), family care leave, and unlimited sick days
- Employees will never be poked with a sharp stick
If you want to work remotely…. We’ll help you set up a great home office, with an ergonomic chair, standing desk, and any other equipment you need to do your job.
If you want to work in our office… You’ll get your own private office in our headquarters in New York City, and enjoy additional benefits like free lunch every day prepared by our own in-house chefs, transportation reimbursement, and all the espresso you can drink.