Product Manager at Owl Labs
Owl Labs is hiring a Product Manager to join our cross-functional team. The ideal candidate has brought multiple products from the early concept stage to the real world, with a focus on customer satisfaction. This role is inherently collaborative; you will work with marketing, design, and engineering teams, and interact with colleagues throughout all levels of the company. You should be excited and able to work effectively in a rapidly changing organization, and adept at synthesizing a variety of technologies into high quality product experiences that customers love.
In this role, you will be responsible for developing strategy and creating new product experiences from concept to launch (and beyond). We’re looking for a Product Manager that will set vision and motivate teams to shape the future of remote meetings. We pride ourselves on being thoughtful, intentional and getting things done. If you love simple and elegant solutions and have a knack for seeing both the trees and the forest, we’d love to hear from you.
Owl Labs’ mission is to solve a problem we’ve all experienced: meetings suck, and they are especially painful for the remote participants on the other side of the call. Considering the rapid growth in remote and distributed work, this is a perfectly timed problem for Owl Labs to solve. The market is hungry for products and content that make remote and distributed work better.
What You’ll Do
- Develop the future vision and strategy for a new category of Owl Labs products in the SaaS space; build a roadmap/portfolio that supports the strategy. Act as product owner for by establishing a vision, defining measurable goals, and tracking progress through quick iteration. Gain strategy and roadmap support from stakeholders by writing narratives and influencing peers and senior leadership.
- Manage delivery of near-term product enhancements while concurrently thinking about longer-term future product investments and lifecycle refreshes. Guide products through their lifecycle, advocate new product opportunities or deprecations, and address challenges, barriers an dependencies with stakeholders
- Act as the voice of the customer internally. Through quantitative and qualitative analysis maintain a deep understanding of who the customer is, what their needs are and what the the dynamic market landscape looks like.
- Manage prioritization and trade-offs between customer experience, technical feasibility, and business requirements.
- Translate a complex set of possibilities (and technical requirements) into simple, compelling value propositions for the customer.
In your first month…
- Lead roadmap and execution for our online customer portal, collaborating across multiple disciplines to ship customer value.
- Lean into the roadmap for existing product enhancements to understand and prioritize regular product enhancements.
- Spend time talking to customers, understanding their problems, and validating that your solutions solve a real problem for them
- Collaborate with design, engineering, sales, and marketing to create and validate solutions to customer problems
In your first quarter…
- Work independently to find and deliver customer insights that help shape the product roadmaps
- Hold the team accountable for building the right thing by setting goals, measuring success, and ensuring learnings are quickly incorporated into the company process
- Prioritize and ship a lot of product improvements and features.
In your first half…
- Own the success of your teams by setting and achieving quarterly goals
- Demonstrate your expertise on Owl Labs’s customers and how you’ve solved their problems by regularly updating the company at large
- Produce measurable customer impacts and overall growth for the company
More than a candidate that checks every box, we’re looking for people who are excited to work, learn, and grow at Owl Labs—no matter their background or how they identify. If that’s you, we hope you’ll apply for this role.
- 3+ years of experience in Product Management managing multiple competing priorities, engaging both technical and business oriented stakeholders, and a track record of bringing software products to market.
- Experience working in an innovative, fast-paced environment to hone a coarse concept into a delightful product.
- Experience building roadmaps, managing product backlogs, and working closely with software development teams to build new products and features in a fast paced environment
- Experience translating user research insights into actionable product deliverables.
- Strong analytical skills. Experience using data to drive decisions and illustrate business conclusions Proficiency using hard data and metrics to back up assumptions and develop business cases.
- Ability to make tradeoffs between technical scale, business outcomes, and customer needs. Ability to think strategically, execute methodically, and act decisively.
- Take initiative to identify and solve important problems, working with others to define the cross-cutting issues that impact other teams and parts of the product
- High attention to detail including ability to manage multiple, conflicting priorities simultaneously.
- Ability to work with teams at all levels of the organization Collaboration is exciting to you and you enjoy understanding the perspectives of others.
- Excellent verbal and written communications skills
- Experience executing effective surveys, including insightful and sound quantitative analysis Ability and desire to conduct extensive live customer/user interviews to produce meaningful qualitative analyses
- You are welcome candid feedback and are looking to grow your skillsets
- You multi-task and can synthesize multiple perspectives to get the most important thing done.
- 3+ years experience within a SaaS oriented software company
- Proficiency in one or more programming / scripting languages (SQL, Python, JS, etc)
- Strong familiarity with multiple functional areas (e.g. engineering, sales, and customer support)
Who We Are:
With $22.3M funding from Spark Capital, Matrix Partners, and Playground Global, Owl Labs has created the Meeting Owl, a 360° smart video conferencing camera that sits in the center of the table and uses robotics algorithms to automatically highlight different people as they talk. After launching the product in June 2017, thousands of companies have purchased the Meeting Owl, saying it offers the most natural and inclusive meeting experience they’ve ever seen.
Owl Labs is ~30% remote and headquarters are based in Somerville, MA. This role is only available as an on-site position.
Owl Labs is made up of people from a wide variety of backgrounds and lifestyles. We embrace diversity and invite applications from people of all walks of life. We don’t discriminate against employees or applicants based on gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, race, religion, age, national origin, citizenship, disability, pregnancy status, veteran status, or any other differences. Owl Labs is committed to providing reasonable accommodations for candidates with disabilities in our recruiting process. If you need any assistance or accommodations due to a disability, please let us know!