1st Fulltime Designer
We are currently developing an exciting mobile app called Chomp.
Chomp is an app where you can turn a restaurant list you want to try into a quest. It lets you create and share quests with friends, and join quests created by experts. Users can earn a higher status by conquering more and more quests. Just take a photo to cross each restaurant off of the quest.
For example, you can conquer restaurant quests such as “Tokyo’s 20 Best Ramen Shops” or “San Francisco’s Best Coffee Shops”. You can compete with your friends and prove who is the biggest Ramen Lover or Coffee Junkie.
It is our aim to make Chomp the most widely used app for dining experiences not only in the U.S but also all over the world.
We are looking for a talented individual who can help us to shape our product and culture with a long-term vision. The successful candidate will be the first full-time designer on our team.
The successful candidate must be an experienced product designer who has experience in mobile app design and can clearly demonstrate their successes in user and business impacts, as well as the particulars in their overall experience with visual polish, animations, and complex interactions. They will also be required to define and deliver end to end experiences while working closely with a team.
- Design a memorable, intuitive product that is entertaining for users and can be learned effortlessly.
- Create comprehensive information architecture, components, wireframes, and prototypes.
- Work directly with the CEO and collaborate with the team to influence product strategies
- 5+ years’ experience in applied UI/UX
- 3+ years’ experience in mobile app design
- Understanding of the design trends for mobile apps that are aimed at teens and people in their twenties.
- Expertise in design tools: Figma (or Sketch), InVision and Adobe Illustrator.
- Experience with mobile apps that give importance to photos/videos.
- Solid understanding of front-end development and can easily discuss it with the development team.
- Startup experience or experience working in small teams
- Be willing to commute to our office in SoMa, San Francisco. If the successful candidate lives outside of the San Francisco area and is willing to relocate, we will cover the costs.
WHO WE ARE
- 9 foodies who are creating a mobile app that we can use with our friends and family
- We are currently a small team consisting of a CEO, 7 engineers, and a product.
- Successful entrepreneurs and engineers who have built large scale systems from scratch.
- Raised $5.5M in funding from investors.
BENEFITS & PERKS
- Competitive salary / Stock options package
- Enrollment in medical, dental, and vision insurance (Only in the US and Japan)
- PTO: 15 days vacation plus national holidays