PHP Engineer (Remote)
Last Call Media is looking for a well rounded PHP developer to join our team!
Last Call Media is looking for someone who understands just how flexible the PHP programming language can be, and enjoys, neh, is proud that the majority of the internet uses the PHP language.
The ideal candidate will have experience in PHP frameworks such as WordPress, Symfony, Drupal, CodeIgniter but also has been involved with big single PHP files with inline CSS/HTML/(My)SQL/PHP. Last Call Media is looking for an advocate of best practices and someone who is willing to be opinionated about what they believe in when it comes to building successful programming projects.
Last Call Media is a fully distributed company so you can work from anywhere, but we ask that you be able to commit to at least 5 hours of overlap with New York time (ET), Monday through Friday.
What you’ll do:
- Review and analyze existing PHP sites for ways to improve and/or provide advice on how to migrate off antiquated monolith systems. Implement analyses from start to finish.
- Work with clients to communicate how and why existing PHP code works or doesn’t.
- Create and maintain product roadmaps, feature backlogs and product documentation, and user stories.
- Understand who the end user of a project is and how to build and/or suggest front-end interfaces to help them accomplish their tasks as simply and practically as possible.
- Participate in team and company retrospectives to help define and refine working agreements and processes to help us work more effectively together as a team.
What you’ll bring:
- A proven track record of leading the delivery of digital products and services that delight customers.
- 3+ years of similar experience in a digital agency, consultancy, or equivalent setting where you were accountable to several client engagements.
- An obvious drive to grow and learn from the highly-skilled team around you
- Experience with large-scale open source web technologies (such as Drupal, WordPress, and React).
- Experience and/or a desire to work remotely.
- Ability to work efficiently, sometimes under tight deadlines
It’d be nice if you also had:
- Front-end framework experience like ReactJS/AngularJS/VueJS
- Relational database experience and understanding of how to improve DB performance
- Server administration and/or setups like Apache/NodeJS/Nginx and a general comfortability in the Linux environment
- Familiarity with Atlassian tools, such as Jira and Confluence.
All of us at LCM pride ourselves on being:
- Able to empathize, which helps us understand the need of the client, the customer, the product, and the team at LCM.
- Highly communicative
- Able to work independently
- Comfortable asking for help
- Experienced with communicating directly with clients
- Eager and motivated to learn new concepts
- A team player in a collaborative environment
- A fast learner
Applicants should submit through the careers section a current resume and cover letter that includes links to a few digital products you completed recently and an answer to the following question: In 3-5 sentences please share a little about what, in your opinion, the biggest challenges are working at an all remote company. If you haven’t worked for an all remote company, please try and answer the question anyway! Lastly, while resumes and interviews are a great way to learn more about you, all candidates should be prepared to complete a brief hypothetical virtual recruitment exercise and submit reference(s) upon request.
To apply visit:
This position is compensated at a salary commensurate with skill and experience, with comprehensive benefits including an annual professional development budget, and varied, engaging work for enterprise-level clients. If this position already sounds like you or sounds like where you're headed, please reach out! Applicants should submit a current resume and cover letter through the careers section and should be prepared to submit a code sample(s) and reference(s) upon request.