In a community collaboration led by D2iQ, Google, Docker, and CloudFoundry we've developed the Container Storage Interface (CSI) specification. The CSI specification and the related implementations to provide cloud-like storage features in DC/OS are key to D2iQ’s strategic goals.
We are looking for experienced Software Engineers to help us maintain, design, and develop our DC/OS Storage Service (DSS). The DSS is built in Go and acts as an orchestration layer between CSI plugins and Mesos. Mesos itself, and therefore the parts relevant to its CSI integration, is written in C++. We also develop two CSI plugins that, combined with DSS, provides local storage to DC/OS workloads on top of LVM. These projects work as expected, with fairly mature metrics, monitoring, soak testing, etc. There is so much more to do now that we’re past v1.0!
If you are ready to take on the challenge of solving complex distributed problems, debug system bugs (strace for the win), design and implement distributed storage solutions, then this is the position for you.
You will work in close collaboration with the data services engineers to ship well-integrated products that support our customers on their journey.
- Performing code reviews and giving cordial feedback
- Performing design reviews and providing original insights
- Creating clear designs with well thought out design docs
- Writing reliable control plane code, and the tests that allow it to safely evolve
Experience & Skills
- Strong programming skills, must be proficient in Golang, C++
- Experience in developing and maintaining distributed applications
- Familiarity with cloud infrastructure (AWS, GCP, Azure)
- Experienced in container storage solutions like CSI, Docker Volume Driver, REX-Ray
- Familiarity with storage solutions like S3, Cloud Storage, Ceph, GlusterFS, HDFS, MinIO
- Knowledge of Linux storage and networking concepts and tools, ie., POSIX, lvm2, Loop device, vnd, mounts.
D2iQ - Your Partner in the Cloud Native Journey
On your journey to the cloud, you need to make numerous choices—from the technologies you select, to the frameworks you decide on, to the management tools you’ll use. What you need is a trusted guide that’s been down this path before. That’s where D2iQ can help.
D2iQ eases these decisions and operational efforts. Rather than inhibiting your choices, we guide you with opinionated technologies, services, training, and support, so you can work smarter, not harder. No matter where you are in your journey, we’ll make sure you’re well equipped for the road ahead.
Backed by T. Rowe Price, Andreessen Horowitz, Khosla Ventures, Microsoft, HPE, Data Collective, and Fuel Capital, D2iQ is headquartered in San Francisco with offices in Hamburg, London, and Beijing.