Business Development Representative
Gremlin makes the internet more reliable and resilient. As the industry leaders of Chaos Engineering, Gremlin helps companies build resilience into their increasingly complex software systems.
Engineering teams use our solution to safely inject controlled failure into systems to identify, fix, and prevent outages. More resilient systems translate to happier users and better business.About the Role of Business Development Representative
As a Gremlin Business Development Representative you will prospect, qualify, and generate opportunities to support the overall growth of the business. Gremlin is dedicated to providing ongoing one-on-one career training and coaching, where you will have the opportunity to develop skills in all aspects of sales: prospecting, messaging, communication, and ultimately join the ranks of the world class sales team that we are building. Though we boast a remote by default culture, this role will be based out of our San Francisco office with regular travel to our San Jose office.Responsibilities
- Be Gremlin’s first impression to prospective customers, actively reaching out via phone and email daily
- Perform market research to find relevant information that would resonate with customer needs and requirements
- Schedule quality outbound meetings for the sales team to qualify into viable business opportunities
- Consistently achieve monthly, quarterly and yearly goals
- Develop, present and implement territory plans with your Account Executive on a quarterly basis
- Familiarity with SaaS, Fintech and/or ecommerce market and trends
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Politely persistent; a demonstrated history of follow-through
- An enthusiasm for learning about a rapidly expanding industry
- Resourceful problem solver who can multitask and adapt to changing situations
- 2+ years of SDR team lead and/or BDR experience
- Experience with The Challenger Sale methodology
Our founders, Kolton Andrus and Matthew Fornaciari, lived and breathed incidents, on-call, and Chaos Engineering at Amazon and Netflix. As “Call Leaders” they were responsible for guiding teams through analyzing and rectifying global outages. After a decade of developing and advocating Chaos Engineering internally, they captured their learnings in the Gremlin product and launched the company in 2016.
Since then we’ve built an incredible team of industry veterans and people eager to learn and bring their knowledge over from other companies. We’re backed by top tier investors Index Ventures, Amplify Partners, and Redpoint Ventures. Our customers love us, and we’re thrilled to be a partner in their success.
At Gremlin we value:
- Work-life Balance - Our product helps engineers spend less time on incidents and more time doing what they enjoy. We expect the same for our employees. We offer a generous PTO policy, high quality benefits, and location flexibility for most positions.
- Clear Communication - Our communication is direct, concise, and above all honest.
- Customer First - We work diligently to ensure that what we deliver is of the utmost quality and empowers our customers to be successful.
- Experimentation - Employees challenge assumptions, experiment boldly, and quickly adopt beneficial ideas while abandoning unsuccessful processes.
- Ownership - We have skin in the game, master all aspects of our role, and take responsibility for our successes and failures.
- Scrappiness - Employees use the right resources for the task at hand. Excess and deficiency are equally avoided.
- Community - We take pride in building and bolstering all facets of our community, both internal and external to the company. We support one another and help others to succeed.
If you share our values and are passionate about building and designing tools used by the best companies in the world, we'd love to hear from you.Equal Opportunity
Gremlin is an equal opportunity workplace committed to a diverse and inclusive culture.