MBE Specialist/Developer Raytheon: Can be worked REMOTELY
Those authorized to work in the United States without sponsorship are encouraged to apply. APPLY - NO 3RD PARTY CANDIDATES
GeoLogics is a tier 1 vendor with Raytheon and I am working with one of their hiring managers. He is looking for a MBE (Model-based Engineer) Specialist/Developer. This position can be worked REMOTELY. You must be a Those authorized to work in the United States without sponsorship are encouraged to apply. to apply. This is a LONG-TERM contract position.
Hourly rate: OPEN (w2 non-benefited or C2C if you have your own company)
NOTE from Manager: This position will be 80% about finding ways to invoke COTS software to automated underlying calls to it, obtaining data through underlying API s, writing Java code to facilitate those interactions, and creating code to implement complex workflows between COTS software and the homegrown Java-based ecosystem we are developing.
Specifically, the candidate will be working on the development and integration of a feature / product-line variation management capability within the platforming service, which includes working with our architects and engineers to gather requirements, researching viable commercial software solutions that meet those requirements, conducting software trade studies, and integrating this capability within the platform. The ideal candidate will have MBE experience using IBM Rational Rhapsody and/or CAMEO MagicDraw, DOORS and/or DOORS Next Gen, BigLever GEARS, and experience creating integrations using RESTful services like OSLC to link artifacts across these. The selected individual should be a self-starter with the ability to identify, plan and implement complex software solutions, and support requirements to continuously simplify and improve the supported applications and integrations.
Responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Partnering with IT/Business Architecture and Engineering to gather and develop software requirements for the implementation of Systems Engineering capabilities within our internal platforming service
- Researching commercially available software solutions that meet specified requirements
- Installing and configuring software applications in a virtualized test environment
- Conducting software trade-studies and providing recommendations for final tool selection
- Integrating software applications within the platforming service
- Working closely with Subject Matter Experts that support software from other Engineering disciplines (Mechanical, Electrical) to assist with the integration of their software with the platforming service
- Architecting, testing, and developing automation to support the deployment and administration of integrated software solutions in a production environment
- Providing technical support of deployed software solutions
- Providing technical consultation and guidance to multiple levels of leadership in both Engineering and IT to support major engineering automation implementation and solution selection decisions
- Experience with SysML modeling tools such as CAMEO MagicDraw or IBM Rational Rhapsody and linking them to requirements management tools like DOORS or DOORS Next Gen
- Familiarity with Product Line Management (PLM) tools like BigLever Gears
- An understanding of the REST architecture and the ability to create RESTful API s to enable OSLC integrations
- Deploying commercial software and writing custom code to extend its capabilities and integrate with other software
- Demonstrated experience in testing, troubleshooting, and supporting software applications in an enterprise environment, namely integrated collaborative server based tools with database components
- Ability to apply systems thinking and troubleshooting skills in fast-paced, complex environment
- Possess the necessary interpersonal skills to work effectively with all levels of the organization, within a team environment, and individually
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills with ability to articulate complex technical concepts in terms that can be understood by multiple audiences
- Experience implementing new software applications and processes in a business environment
- Experience deploying and supporting integrated software applications
- The ability to obtain DoD Secret Security Clearance
If interested in learning more about this contract position, please email your resume to and I will call back with more information.
- provided by Dice