RF Design Engineer - Remote
Job Description***Candidates can sit anywhere - will work from home***
The position contributes to the RF Design of SmartGrid networks including candidate assessment and approvals for both new network designs and existing networks, redesigning deployed networks to address under-performance and new capacity requirements due to increased data load on the network, working with sales and marketing to identify the impact of new features on the network and modifying our design methodologies to account for new features, conducting data analysis of network statistics / drive data to identify network issues and provide recommendations to correct issues, using RF propagation and planning tools, identifying RF interference issues and troubleshooting interference problems with field engineers.
- Demonstrated knowledge in several of the following platforms and/or technologies -System Design including SmartGrid Networks Slotted Aloha Networks, Contention Based Networks, TDMA and GSM
- Proficient in Planet propagation tool, Mapinfo and Google Earth, SQL and Aqua Data Studio
- Proficient in office computer applications: Excel, Word, PowerPoint, and Access
- Excellent analytic, interpersonal, and communication skills
- Excellent troubleshooting skills
- Ability to perform with general guidance and a thorough understanding of the job and the department's expectations and goals
- Decision-making skills (making appropriate use of available information and data, making sound decisions with minimal support from Manager, and being responsible for specific projects or definable portions of larger projects or processes)
- Superior organizational and project planning skills
- Programming background a plus
- Bachelor’s degree in Electrical Engineering or equivalent work experience required
- A minimum of 5-10 years of experience designing SmartGrid or cellular networks
- Percent of Travel required 10% or Less
Company DescriptionRangam Consultants is an award winning company from the staffing fraternity. We are a multiple service provider in the Information Technology, Scientific, Engineering and administrative fields. We have a proven track record for successfully delivering mission critical consulting, support and recruiting services to various government and Fortune 500 clients.