Tax Research Specialist - Seasonal
H&R Block, the nation’s top tax preparation provider, is looking for tax minded individuals who have a passion for service. As an associate of The Tax Institute at H&R Block, you’ll be working with your peers to research, analyze, evaluate, and answer tax questions for our do-it-yourself tax clients.
Remote, work from home, status is available for this seasonal position!
We are looking for individuals who enjoy tax including, but not limited to, preparers, Enrolled Agents, CPAs, attorneys, students, and others, who can put their research and client service skills to work. You will assist taxpayers by providing advice on tax law and regulations, explaining calculations, where to enter data into the program, and issues with the IRS or a state’s Department of Revenue.
If you are enthusiastic, pay attention to detail, and want to assist clients while building on your own tax and research skills as a member of a fast-paced, spirited team, then welcome to The Tax Institute at H&R Block!
What you’ll do…
- Go above and beyond assisting our DIY clients with their tax questions by providing detailed and accurate responses delivered in a way non-expert can understand.
- Research and learn about numerous issues of federal and state tax law, regulations, and procedures, and further develop your ability to provide the explanations, analysis, and recommendations your clients need.
- Be a brand ambassador by learning and utilizing our tax preparation software, research databases and resources, and client service tools to provide our clients with frontline support in the preparation of their individual tax returns
- Put your problem-solving abilities and strategies to use investigating quality assurance issues by making sure our suite of products offer proper tax treatment based on client entries.
- Share your insights and best practices with your peers by discussing both common and complex tax issues to help ensure the accuracy and consistency of the team.
- Be ready to take on new and exciting roles and responsibilities as they arise!
What you’ll bring to the role…
- Strong interpersonal skills and the ability to explain complex topics to non-experts
- Excellent problem-solving and analytical skills to provide detailed assistance to your clients
- Proficient verbal and written communication skills which are necessary in order to inspire confidence in the assistance you provide
- Ability to multitask and thrive on a team within a fast-paced, high volume environment
- Intermediate computer skills, including the use of the Microsoft Office Suite and the ability to utilize web-based research tools
- Completion of the Ask a Tax Advisor training course with a cumulative passing grade of 80%
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting or Finance or an equivalent combination of education and experience
- Master’s degree in Accounting, Law, Taxation, Finance, or other related fields
- Registered Tax Return Preparer, Enrolled Agent, CPA, or Attorney
- Bilingual is a plus