IT Support Intern
R-2981 IT Support Intern (Open)
Neustar is looking for a customer service oriented individual who learns quickly, thrives in a fast-paced environment, and stays current with the latest technologies to be part of our Internal Help Desk Team. Providing both onsite and remote support for users and hardware within our organization.
Responsibilities for this position include, but are not limited to:
- Providing support for Executive Staff, having flexible hours to accommodate executive staff as needed.
- Providing day-to-day support for end user requests related to desktop software/hardware, telecom, and video conferencing.
- Assisting with on-site meeting room audio/visual equipment, VTC, projection and lighting equipment, web streaming, audio bridge, data and networking, power distribution, and any other support as required.
- Computer/phone desktop setup, computer data migrations, software deployment, overseeing equipment inventory for location and system/hardware testing.
- Ensuring that all malfunctioning equipment is inspected and repaired in a timely manner.
- Responding to ticketing system for receiving and tracking requests for service and support. Consult with Help Desk, Telecomm, A/V support, Corporate Networks and/or Facilities when requests are out of scope.
- Pass extended background check.
- Present a professional demeanor and be comfortable working with people from all levels of the organization, including the CEO and Sr. Vice Presidents
- Ability to work a flexible schedule, which may include after hours and weekend support.
- Strong written and verbal communication and customer service skills.
- Strong troubleshooting and problem–solving skills.
- Self-motivated; work well independently and with a team.
- Flexible with change, work well under pressure and in a fast-paced environment.
- Ability to identify, research, and resolve technical problems.
- Solid technical background that includes, but is not limited to: Active Directory: user & group administration; Windows & Mac OS computer hardware and software (Microsoft Office, WebEx, others); printers; telecomm devices; video conferencing and projection systems; web streaming; and networking.
- Basic knowledge of A/V integration and installation.
- 1+ years minimum working experience. Bachelors Degree desirable.
Diversity, inclusion and teamwork are second nature to Neustar; and these values permeate our entire business structure. Neustar is committed to creating an environment where a wide spectrum of opinions and beliefs are actively sought, listened to and respected. Further, our talented workforce draws from the many geographic areas and markets in which Neustar operates worldwide, which represents a distinct competitive advantage. The rich and varied personal and professional backgrounds of our employees make Neustar a dynamic and rewarding company at which to build a career. We invite you to join us.
EOE of Minorities/Females/Vets/Disability
Neustar, Inc. considers all applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, sexual orientation, or status as a Vietnam-era or special disabled veteran in accordance with federal law and other state and local requirements. Neustar, Inc., complies with applicable state and local laws prohibiting discrimination in employment and provides reasonable accommodation to qualified individuals with disabilities in accordance with the American with Disabilities Act (ADA) and applicable state and local laws.