Supv Customer Service
Puget Sound Energy is looking to grow our community with like-minded, top talented individuals like you! With our rapidly growing, award winning energy efficiency programs, our pathway to an exciting and innovative future is now.
PSE's Customer Care team is looking for qualified candidates to fill an open Supv Customer Service position!
Job DescriptionIs responsible for daily/shift operations and work-flow to meet established service and quality levels, including accuracy, productivity, budget and targets. Resolves customer issues and works cross-departmentally to increase customer awareness of PSE services and address public affairs concerns and strengthen local relationships.
Upholds the safety compliance standards inherent in PSE’s operating and/or field procedures related to work responsibilities. Promotes and supports a culture of total safety.
This position may be subject to random DOT drug and/or alcohol testing.Job Responsibilities
- Employee Safety, Development & Team Building - Providing employees with coaching, feedback, and developmental opportunities and building effective teams:
- Demonstrates a passion for safety. Promotes and supports a culture of total safety including eliminating at-risk behaviors by conducting safety audits and inspections, eliminating hazards and near misses, and attending safety meetings.
- Sets clear expectations and holds employees accountable for performance as well as safety goals/targets where applicable.
- Oversees training and development of employees directly and indirectly managed and makes effective staffing decisions. Ensures required training is successfully completed.
- Challenges and inspires employees to achieve business results.
- Accountable to ensure employees adhere to legal and operational compliance requirements, as well as safety standards.
- Conducts and ensures the completion of performance reviews.
- Provides coaching, direction and leadership support to team members in order to achieve employee, business, customer and safety results.
- Works collaboratively with the leadership team and other departments to provide a consistent set of practices and communications with customers.
- Works closely with customers, internal departments and agencies to resolve customer issues in a timely and accurate manner, including escalated calls.
- Provides support and close coordination with government and community services, as assigned, to increase customer awareness of PSE services and address public affairs concerns.
- Participates in collaborative efforts to improve day-to-day operations to meet SQIs (Service Quality Index) as mandated by the WUTC (Washington Utilities & Transportation Commission), other department key performance indicators, and corporate goals.
- Plans, supervises and facilitates call and community office customer service operations (both in-office and remote) to achieve workload, accuracy, productivity, budget and staffing level targets; including providing first level application support for systems and technologies.
- Facilitates and develops project requests and supports needs for customer service personnel.
- Performs emergency duty supervisor rotation and responds to call-outs and other company-wide emergencies during core and non-core hours;
- Ensures compliance with business and government rules (including WUTC tariff requirements, WAC – Washington Administrative Code, and RCW - Revised Code of Washington).
- Administers and enforces safety regulations and rules specific to the location.
- Encourages a positive culture through empowerment, accountability, creativity, and trust with consideration to the Great Places To Work philosophy.
- Helps implement programs and process improvement initiatives to enhance customer service and advance community interest.
- Leads and manages project teams on customer service projects
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- Prior leadership experience.
- 5 years customer service experience.
- Working knowledge of call center workforce tools and other telephony systems.
- Excellent customer relations skills including problem solving and conflict resolution.
- Excellent communications skills (oral, written, listening).
- Ability to interpret and apply rules/guidelines and translate to the work environment.
- Experience with MS Office suite.
- Knowledge of human resources principles.
- BA/BS in Business; or experience in lieu of education may be considered.
- Prior call center customer service experience and knowledge of CIS, workforce management tools and call center applications.
- Knowledgeable in rates, tariffs, RCW and WAC rules, credit and collection revenue requirements, business processes as they relate to revenue management and other departments.
- Prior experience with collective bargaining agreements, and application of rules.
Families and businesses depend on PSE to provide the energy they need to pursue their dreams. Our steadfast commitment to serving Washington communities with safe, dependable and efficient energy started in 1873. Today we're building the Northwest's energy future through efforts like our award winning energy efficiency programs and our leadership in renewable energy.
At PSE we value and respect our employees and provide them opportunities to excel. We offer an expansive pay package that includes competitive compensation, annual goals-based incentive bonuses, comprehensive benefits, 401(K), a company paid retirement pension plan, and an employee assistance and wellness program.
Puget Sound Energy is committed to providing equal employment opportunity to all qualified applicants. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, veteran status or presence of a disability that with or without reasonable accommodation does not prevent performance of the essential functions of the job. Should you have a disability that requires assistance and/or reasonable accommodation with the job application process, please contact the Human Resources Staffing department at [email protected] or 425-462-3017.
Nearest Major Market: Seattle
Nearest Secondary Market: Bellevue