Blockstack is a decentralized computing platform. It’s the easiest way to build decentralized apps that can scale. More info here.
Blockstack PBC, a public benefit corp, has a mission to enable an open, decentralized internet which will benefit all internet users by giving them more control over information and computation. Blockstack PBC has raised $75M in capital to develop core protocols and developer tools for the ecosystem. Being a Public Benefit Corp also means we have goals beyond profit, and that allows us to focus on universal human rights and sharing the value created in our ecosystem.
Blockstack PBC is headquartered in New York City, with a globally distributed team located across the United States, Canada, and Europe.
We’re hiring a developer evangelist to convert founders to build the user-owned internet on Blockstack. As a member of the growth team, you’ll develop strategy to grow the “builder” community within Blockstack. People will see you as someone that can direct traffic, give technical input, and advise on how to explain technical concepts to other builders. As an experienced developer, speaker, writer and community member, you will initially be a one-stop shop for all things technical within the community. You will advocate for a user-owned future of the web and a world where apps “Can’t Be Evil” and users benefit from digital ownership. In this role, you will work closely with developer communities to educate and promote development of apps in the Blockstack ecosystem and grow our open source community.
What you'll do:
• Publish technical educational content including code samples, sample apps, and blog posts and more
• Support the growing developer community online, helping answer or properly triage issues they may encounter via the forum, email, Github, or Discord
• Onboard developers in-person and online around the world, being the technical frontlines of Blockstack
• Empower developers to support each other to continue scaling the communities needs and generating content
• Be the most frequent technical representative of Blockstack at panel discussions, tech talks, industry and technology conferences and events.
What we're looking for:
• 4+ years of combined experience in either application building, evangelizing other highly technical projects
• 1+ years of Open Source Development experience
• Willing to travel and work remotely
• Working technical knowledge of blockchains and smart contracts
• Experience with technical writing
• Strong public speaking skills and an affable personality
• Understanding of public-private key encryption basics
• Experience with cloud storage(such as EC2)
• Active participation in Open Source communities, Stack Overflow, and open source software projects
Benefits & Perks:
• Equity and Stacks tokens (STX - are the native token of the Blockstack computing network)
• Remote workers can expense co-working spaces
• An annual $1,200 budget for learning and development stipend
• Daily lunch (even if you’re remote!)
• Flexible vacation policy
• Family-Friendly health benefits
• Free life and disability insurance
• Health and dependent care (FSA)
• Up to 16 weeks of paid parental leave
• Pre-tax commuter benefits
• 401k with 3% match
• Your choice of technical setup and equipment
• Public Benefit Corporation on a mission to enable an secure and private decentralized internet which will benefit all internet users: Blockstack Source Code
• Remote first team with HQ in New York City
• $75M total raised. $23M from first ever SEC qualified token offering in the U.S.
• 8,000 + active developers and enthusiasts in the community
• 400+ apps launched on Blockstack
• Work alongside leading PHD experts in computing
Blockstack PBC is proud to be an equal opportunity employer and deeply cares about building a diverse team. Blockstack PBC is committed to building an inclusive environment for people of all backgrounds. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, religion, disability, national origin, protected veteran status, age, or any other status protected by law.
Please note that benefits vary by country, the ones shown above are for our full time U.S. based employees. Benefit information for non-US based positions will be provided to individuals who interview for those roles.
Become a Web Developer: Web Development Training Bootcamp
The only course you need to learn web development - HTML, CSS, JS, Node, and More!
4.6 (154,473 ratings)521,837 students enrolled
Created by Colt SteeleLast updated 2/2020 English
The Complete Web Developer in 2020: Zero to Mastery
4.7 (30,293 ratings)104,386 students enrolled
Created by Andrei NeagoieLast updated 2/2020 English
Building Websites: Beginner Web Developer Course
4.5 (55,316 ratings)247,722 students enrolled
Created by Rob PercivalLast updated 1/2020 English
Tired of browsing?
Get our smart newsletter.
Fill your skills and let us send you only highly relevant offers, weekly.