Creative Technical Writer
Based in New York, Clubhouse is the collaborative home for modern software teams. Thousands of the fastest-growing organizations use Clubhouse to plan and build software, including Glitch, Nubank, Dataiku, Scale AI, FullStory, and LaunchDarkly.
As a Creative Technical Writer you’ll write words that compliment our product and visual personality, educate customers and potential customers alike, put people ahead of robots, and inspire smiles and sensible chuckles via targeted goofiness and unexpected wit.
Our burgeoning Content Team has a healthy appreciation for design, art, and friendly mischief. In a sea of rote calls-to-action and email-gated white papers, we strive to create joy through our words, images, and moving images. Let’s hit those Q2 KPIs and OKRs, get after those MQLs, and tackle every other business acronym they throw at us. Fun absolutely does sell.
This is a remote role and reports to the Head of Content (who is also remote) within the Marketing team.
What You’ll Do
- Work with people from inside and outside the organization to write every word imaginable. Except for and . Oh, and also . You won’t write those.
- Write short form content like ads, long form content like blog posts, and medium form content like pages on the marketing site.
- Write content for humans that SEO robots can also enjoy without any of those humans noticing.
- Help everyone sound their best by acting as a company-wide editor.
- Coordinate with design to create illustrations for content pieces.
- Assist in continually developing Clubhouse’s tone and content strategy.
You’ll Have Success In This Role If You
- Have 3-5 years of technical copywriting experience that includes ghostwriting for engineers and other people.
- Can write clever / funny sentences. Please include a couple in your resume.
- Have a technical background and a good understanding of the challenges faced in software development.
- Enjoy writing for varied (and occasionally unexpected) mediums.
- Enjoy working in the tech industry with other artists.
- Can write content that is clever and informative, eschewing false positivity, snark, and overwrought business nonsense.
- Are flexible with both ambiguous, open ended concepts and exacting requirements with tight turnarounds (we’ll try to keep those to a minimum).
Clubhouse is an equal opportunity employer and we value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status. We are committed to building a team that represents a variety of backgrounds, perspectives, and skills. The more inclusive we are, the better our work will be.