Senior Brand Designer (Remote)
We've built Mode from the ground up to be the best analytics platform for Analysts and Data Scientists. As we've grown, an increasingly broad audience—people on teams from Finance to Operations, Marketing to Engineering, and everything in between—has begun to use Mode to collaborate with analysts and use data in everyday decisions. For our 500+ customers, Mode is the central place where data experts and domain experts can come together to make sense of data at the rapid pace of business today.
As Mode's Senior Brand Designer, you'll help refine and up-level our brand as we bring Mode to organizations everywhere. You'll bring to life engaging, cohesive experiences for analysts, data scientists, and other data pros across our marketing and content sites, decks, print materials, cultural artifacts, and more. From the perfect typeface pairing to vibrant illustrations, and everything in between, you'll think big—and sweat the small stuff—to turn the Mode brand into a household name within organizations who use data. (It's 2020; that means everyone).
What you'll do
- Define and evolve our visual brand identity by defining consistent experiences across all of our touch points, with particular focus on our marketing website and digital campaigns
- Work cross-functionally with various stakeholders to create cohesive designs for interactive illustration, photography, video, and print, continually raising our bar for quality
- Execute projects across their entire lifecycle with our marketing team— plan, iterate, deliver, test, iterate some more
- Be the voice of Brand Design to internal stakeholders by providing feedback that will help shape planning and strategy
What we look for
- Deep experience with web and UX design, including a keen understanding of typography, layout, color, and the ability to apply these principles across our digital presence
- A willingness to roll up your sleeves—you're comfortable balancing foundational design explorations with getting projects out the door and iterating
- Ability to create and edit videos that tell a compelling company/product story
- Strong cross-functional collaboration and communication skills, including explaining your work, process, decisions, and actively seeking out feedback
- Always on the lookout for ways to improve your workﬂow and are up-to-date on the latest design tools and web technologies
- A data lover—experience using data and testing as an informative component of the design process
- Alignment with
is a collaborative analytics platform that brings teams together around data to make game-changing decisions.
In everything we do, we strive to put the people we do it for first. This starts internally: together we're building a culture that embraces diversity and learning, humility and gratitude. At the same time, we try not to take ourselves too seriously and strive for a healthy balance between work and personal pursuits.
Benefits you can expect as a Mode employee:
- Generous, flexible PTO and family leave
- Flexible work schedules—we trust you to know what will make yourself most productive
- Generous professional development policy that includes funds earmarked for each employee's discretionary professional growth—Have a conference you want to attend? A class you want to take? If it's helping take your career to the next level, it's on us.
- Excellent health coverage for team members and their families (Mode pays the 100% of the premiums)
- Supportive work environment and a manager who is focused on your professional growth
- Company events that highlight our team's passions and hobbies
- Snacks and in-office lunches shared at our ever-growing lunch table
Mode is committed to building an inclusive and diverse workforce. We are an Equal Opportunity Employer and welcome people from all backgrounds, experiences, abilities and perspectives.