Have you ever wondered what happens inside the cloud?
Based in New York, DigitalOcean is a dynamic, high-growth technology company that serves a robust and passionate community of developers, teams, and businesses around the world. We believe that today's entrepreneurs are changing the world through software. Our mission is to empower these entrepreneurs by bringing modern app development within reach for any developer, anywhere in the world.
The Finance team oversees the company's financial well-being while supporting operational and business planning in a dynamic, fast-paced environment. We work hard to ensure growth is accurately projected and managed and that our financial results are properly accounted for. We provide financial analysis to determine key operational decisions within a rapidly growing organization. We only hire the best to these teams, and your work will have a huge impact on the future success of this rapidly growing company.
We want people who are passionate, high performing team players who can take on new challenges and go the extra mile.
This position requires an accounting professional capable of managing multiple priorities in a dynamic, rapidly growing and fluid organization. You must be highly analytical, organized and skilled at communication and problem solving. The successful candidate will adapt quickly to change and will champion the advancement of processes and controls that will enhance the accounting and overall finance function. This position reports to the Director/Sr. Manager, Accounting.
What You'll Be Doing:
- Prepare monthly journal entries and reconciliations as part of the month end close process
- Oversee 3rd party partners in US and Foreign payroll operations; collaborate with PeopleOperations to ensure timely and accurate employee pay
- Assist with fixed asset transactional processing and the calculation of depreciation and amortization
- Assist with the preparation of analytical reviews on a monthly basis for assigned areas
- Adhere to internal control procedures
- Prepare and maintain desk-top procedure documentation for assigned areas
- Continually develop, expand and improve financial reporting procedures
- Support the year-end financial statement audit and quarterly reviews
- Participate in accounting projects and initiatives with other members of the finance team and other departments
- Bachelor's degree in Accounting. CPA certification is a plus.
- Has a comprehensive knowledge of GAAP
- High energy level with the ability to take ownership and show initiative in a fast-paced dynamic environment
- Experience working at a publicly-traded company is a plus
- A mix of public and private accounting is a plus
- Ability to quickly identify challenges, prioritize, analyze the root causes, seek to understand the rationale behind current processes and propose solutions while getting buy in from key stakeholders.
- We have amazing people. We can promise you will work with some of the smartest and most interesting people in the industry. We work hard but we always have fun doing it. We care deeply about each other and take our 'no jerks' rule very seriously.
- We value development. We are a high-performance organization that is always challenging ourselves to continuously grow. That means we maintain a growth mindset in everything we do and invest deeply in employee development. You'll need to be great to get hired here and we promise you'll get even better.
- We care about you. We offer competitive health, dental, and vision benefits for employees and their dependents, a monthly gym reimbursement to support your physical health, and a monthly commute allowance to make your trips to and from work easier.
- We invest in your future. We offer competitive compensation and a 401k plan with up to a 4% employer match. We also provide all employees with reimbursement for relevant conferences, training, and education.
- We want you to love where you work. We have great office spaces located in the heart of SoHo NYC and Cambridge and offer daily catered lunches to keep your hunger at bay. We're also very remote-friendly-we use Slack to communicate across the company-and all remote employees have the opportunity to onboard in-office and take an all-expenses paid trip to our annual company offsite, Shark Week, to get quality in-person time with the team at least once a year. We also allow employees to customize their workstations to meet their needs-whether remote or in office.
- We value diversity and inclusivity. We are an equal opportunity employer and we do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
Want to learn more about our Finance team? Clickhere!
Want an inside look into life at DO? Clickhere to hear from our employees!