Senior Marketing Strategist & HubSpot Team Lead (Remote)
The following requirements are must-haves for this position:
- 2+ years of hands-on experience with the marketing automation platform, HubSpot
- 10+ years experience building comprehensive multi-channel and multi-layer digital marketing campaigns and content marketing
- 2+ years in a management role where you were responsible for leading 5 or more direct reports
Do you thrive on translating big-picture marketing strategies to real-world, revenue-driven results? Do you geek out about acquisition funnels, multi-channel campaigns, and getting your hands dirty executing those plans? This role is unique in that youll play a key role in growing the company by working directly with a portfolio of clients and leading a team of consultants to develop and execute strategic inbound marketing initiatives.
Were building a different kind of work environment at SmartBug Mediaone where you can deliver exceptional results, have a great time with people you respect, and still embrace the things that matter in life. If this sounds like an excellent role for you, you should read on!
As a Senior Marketing Strategist and Team Leader, you will have revenue responsibility for a portfolio of SmartBugs clients that operate within the HubSpot ecosystem. Your team will grow to 6-10 direct reports that have the role of Marketing Strategist at the company. Each of these individuals will have 1-2 direct reports themselves. When your team is small, you will own several accounts. As your team grows, we will remove direct account responsibilities so you have time to focus on your team.
You and your team will recommend and execute digital marketing, lead generation, marketing automation, and sales enablement activities that include content marketing, SEO, sales, and marketing alignment. Growing revenue and marketing ROI is at the heart of what we do, so youll be responsible for measuring, analyzing, and understanding the performance of client campaigns and advising on opportunities for improvement.
To be successful in this role, you must be comfortable with both your strategic marketing skills and your ability to manage and mentor a group of smart, driven marketers.
In collaboration with the VP of Client Services, youll have a hand in shaping Client Services by continuously innovating client onboarding, marketing services, processes, and delivery. Youll be a champion that helps grow SmartBug Media and its brand by building a team of smart, like-minded marketers.
We know your leadership, the quality of your teams work, and your clients results are what generate increased trust, responsibility, and additional business opportunities for SmartBug. That's why our Senior Marketing Strategists are compensated for account growth and incremental revenue brought in. That doesn't make this a sales position. It's not. But it means that you get to participate in the success and financial growth of your accounts including some key strategic accounts.
- Onboard and/or help your team onboard new clients and create a vision and revenue-generating marketing strategy based on client and customer interviews, research, and collaboration with our team. Then work with your team of consultants, copywriters, designers, and developers to deliver on that strategy and vision.
- Serve as the primary face of SmartBug Media for your clientsyou are the extension of their team and will be expected to know their business as well as they do.
- Assist and empower clients with the results, knowledge, content, and tools to not only get their buy-in but to also evangelize their success through their organization.
- Demonstrate your expertise with inbound and lead generation tactics including blogging, social media marketing, search engine optimization, e-book/white paper/video content creation, website updates, email marketing, and others.
- Use your experience as a marketing automation expert to craft strategies that generate real results; educate your team and clients as required.
- Execute your clients digital marketing plans proactively to meet schedule, performance, and budget goals.
- Take the lead in creating monthly performance reports and quarterly business reviews that provide deep data-driven insights about customer needs and behaviors to fuel innovation and identify strategic initiatives that will drive sales, growth, and profitability.
- Stay informed about digital marketing industry developments and be able to utilize these developments to your clients benefit.
- Practice your craft by contributing to SmartBug Medias blog and social media presence.
- Work closely with the VP of Client Services to continuously improve services, systems, and delivery models for clients.
- Manage, hire, and onboard a team of marketing consultants to serve our HubSpot clients.
- Collaborate with other team leads to solve client challenges and innovate services as needed.
- Address client concerns and issues as they arise and escalate when needed.
- Other responsibilities as assigned.
- Have fun and make some great friends!
Experience and Education Requirements:
- Authorization to work in the U.S. without employer sponsorship is required
- 10+ years experience building comprehensive multi-channel and multi-layer digital and content marketing campaigns is required
- 2+ years in a management role where you were responsible for leading 5 or more direct reports is required
- 2+ years of hands-on experience with the marketing automation platform, HubSpot required
- B.A. or B.S. degree required
- Demonstrate strategic thinking and independent management skills
- Solid business acumen, management, and problem-solving skills
- Proven experience finding, analyzing, and assimilating market and customer data into marketing strategies
- Experience communicating with executive-level clients or team members
- Creative and innovative with a focus on excellence and execution
- Working knowledge of search engine optimization, email marketing best practices, CMS platforms such as a WordPress, and CRM systems such as Salesforce
- Excellent writing skills and a strong understanding of how to write SEO-friendly content
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office and Google Suite
- Agency or client service experience is a bonus
- Experience working remotely in similar roles is strongly preferred
- Video Application
- Phone Screen with HR
- 1st Interview with the VP of Client Services
- Interview with the hiring team
- 2nd Interview with the VP of Client Services
- Reference checking
- Final video interview with SmartBugs CEO
Our extensive employee benefits program includes:
- Generous compensation package with performance incentives
- Health insurance with company contribution
- Paid maternity and paternity leave
- Paid vacation
- Paid time off
- 401(k) with employer matching
- Flexible spend plan
- Company-funded short-term disability and life insurance
- Long-term disability
- Annual leadership conference, SmartBugapalooza
- Training budget
- The flexibility of working remotely
About SmartBug Media
SmartBug Media is a globally recognized Intelligent Inbound marketing agency that assists businesses in growing revenue through content marketing, sales enablement, web development, marketing automation, and PR. For more than 10 years, SmartBug has helped businesses increase qualified leads, close customers, and enhance the reach and loyalty of their brands. Were one of a handful of HubSpot Diamond partners in the world, the highest-rated agency in the history of the HubSpot ecosystem, and were named HubSpot's Global Partner of the Year in 2018. With five Comparably awards won in 2018 and certification as a "Great Place to Work" for the second year in a row, it's clear that it's not just our clients that like us.
Powered by JazzHR