Billing Specialist (Remote in U.S. Pacific or Mountain Time Zone)
Responsibilities and goals you’ll own:
- Become an expert on My Clients Plus billing features and capabilities to help solve any problems a user may encounter using or setting up their account
- Respond to and resolve customer billing related questions through chat, email and telephone calls quickly and effectively
- Assist customers with insurance payer enrollment
- Lead billing training webinars with customers and teach customers how to troubleshoot billing issues
- Troubleshoot billing issues (837 files/ CMS1500) and update customer configuration to address
- Build and nurture relationships with new and existing customers.
- Assist in on-boarding, educating, and supporting our customers from pre-trial inquiries all the way to subscription and beyond
- Act as a customer liaison with the product, sales, and marketing teams by passing along unique use cases and challenges that you see our customers experiencing
- Increase customer satisfaction and build loyalty by providing an amazing, personal customer experience
- Bachelor’s Degree or the equivalent combination of education and experience
- Prior medical office/billing experience preferred; experience working with insurance enrollment, claims and ERA's; a plus if billing experience is related to mental and behavioral health
- Thorough understanding of physician or facility billing processes and billing functions.
- Technologically agile with an ability to understand complex systems and interfaces
- Entrepreneurial/innovative spirit energized by process improvement
- Team player; able to communicate with technical and non-technical people (both inside and outside the Company) and the ability to handle difficult situations tactfully
- Strong attention to detail
- Self-managed and self motivated; you assimilate information quickly
- Comfortable answering and speaking on the telephone for long periods of time
- Previous experience working in an EHR or EMR or practice management system
- Previous experience responding to customers via telephone, live chat, and/or social media
- Team-player; you are able to write and talk to technical and non-technical people (both inside and outside of the Company) in clear and concise ways that the majority of people reading or listening to you understand the subject matter you are communicating. Blogging experience a plus
- Problem-Solver; you enjoy solving problems and don't stop until you've solved them; you are able to work on multiple tasks concurrently
- Patience, flexibility and empathy are your strong suit
Who will love this job:
- You don’t need to be told what to do. After you learn your job, you need very little guidance to see what needs to be done - you take the initiative to jump in and get it done
- If you're a pro at navigating and troubleshooting internet, computer and browser issues, learning technology and communicating with tools like Slack, Zendesk, clearinghouses, provider portals, Helpscout, etc.
- You’re super comfortable working on a distributed team - in fact, that’s exactly what you’re looking for!
- You know that the best plans are meant to be broken
- You change and adapt to meet the needs of your customers
- You like making things easier for customers and colleagues. If there’s a roadblock, you want to smooth it away
- You are energized by interacting with and helping people. You know that everyone has trouble sometimes, and you seek to empower and educate our customers
- You love reading and learning about new ways of doing things. There’s always a better way
- You’re a positive person and know how to look on the bright side
- You bring solutions to the table not just problems. (But you aren’t afraid to point out where we’re going wrong)
- You’re comfortable with a little chaos and uncertainty. We move fast and sometimes decisions are made without all of the information
We’re serious about team member well-being and lifelong learning - we offer:
- Generous paid time off - we want you to enjoy life outside the office!
- Generous medical and dental benefits - we care about your health!
- 401(k) Plan - we care about your future!
- Works well as a member of a group
- Capable of carrying out a given task with all details necessary to get the task done well
- Inspired to perform without outside help
- Inspired to perform well by the ability to contribute to the success of a project or the organization
- 3 years of insurance claims
- 3 years of medical office/biling experience