Senior Interactive Product Designer
Headquartered in Montana with offices in both Missoula and Bozeman, onX is rooted in a passion for the peaks and rivers surrounding us. We bring our devotion to the outdoors to work daily with a singular, powerful goal; to inspire others to find their own adventures off the pavement. Through the melding of technology and passion for the outdoors we enable people to craft rewarding, dynamic outdoor experiences.
WE ARE LOOKING FOR
The Senior Interactive Product Designer position at onX will help design, own and lead multiple projects across a multi-product platform at a high-growth, innovative software company within the outdoor industry. At onX, we view user experience, visual and product design as paramount to delivering market-leading products and is as important to customer value as the underlying functionality. This position will be in constant collaboration with product management and engineering teams and will help drive the design and user experience in assigned projects and phases of product development from discovery to delivery to iteration and evolution. The best applicants will have strong product, visual and UX design skills to help design, lead, deliver, and own multiple projects while understanding customer use cases, delivering prototypes and guide user testing to help determine the optimal interaction and visual design.
The Sr. Product Designer will own projects and help mentor Jr. and mid-level designers. OnX is a customer-obsessed company, and the designer will with product management, engineering, GIS, marketing and brand to drive customer conversion, engagement and long-term customer retention through superb product and user experience design.
Reports to the Director of Product Design.
LOCATION: Missoula or Bozeman, MT only
(Essential Job Duties)
- Utilize high-quality product, interaction, UX and visual design skills to deliver on assigned projects
- Design for high-level experience in both mobile and web-based product design as well as the desire to explore new future platforms
- Envision new experiences based on user insights and product goals
- Able to design for multiple projects at a time, managing time, goals, and cross-functional collaboration effectively
- Help lead, collaborate and act as a project owner across multiple markets and apps with high-level design talent and leadership around product design, visual design and user experience
- Work with Director of Product Design and VP of Product to ensure continuous collaboration with product owners, engineering, GIS and brand marketing teams
- Help design and maintain a deep understanding of user and customer personas through qualitative (e.g., interviews and surveys) and quantitative (e.g., customer engagement metrics) insights
- Help design and maintain an understanding of the customer journey through the planning, field use and post-trip review phases of the customer lifecycle
- Help design and deliver high value, highly engaging product, visual and UX designs with consistent and holistic design across multiple apps, platforms, and markets
- Able to produce quality design concepts quickly, to be open to feedback, and to translate feedback rapidly into design iterations
- Deliver prototypes and aid in conducting user testing to determine optimal usability, interaction, and visual design
- Mentoring teammates in professional development
- Five (5) years of full-time design experience in product, interactive, and visual design
- A minimum of two (2) years experience must include responsibilities at a senior level
- Two (2) years of experience at a consumer, SMB software, mobile application, consultancy, or consumer internet company
- Bachelor’s degree from a four-year College or University, or equivalent experience
- Knowledge of and comfort with contemporary software design tools and technologies
- Embrace and thrive with a high tolerance for growth, change, and experimentation
- Self-starter with the ability to find solutions for unstructured problems
- Collaborative, well organized and efficient, a strong bias for action
- Passion for outdoor activities preferred
- Strong verbal presentation and written communications skills
PHYSICAL WORKING CONDITIONS
The following physical requirements represent those that are required to successfully perform the essential functions of this position. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Sitting - 90%
- Standing - 0%
- Walking - 10%
- Bending - Occasionally
- Kneeling - Some
- Lifting - Up to 25 pounds
- Reaching - Regularly
- Telephone Use - Yes
- Computer Use/Manual Dexterity - Yes
- Ability to travel - 5%
WHAT WE ARE OFFERING YOU
- Competitive salary and opportunities for growth
- Comprehensive medical, insurance and wellness benefits
- Four weeks paid family leave
- 401k matching at 100% the first 3% you save and 50% from 3-5%
- Company-wide outdoor adventures twice per year
- Amazing outdoor industry discounts
- Summer hours for salaried employees
onX COMPANY VALUES
Our principles guide the decisions making of our company. They define the culture at onX, what we have learned through experience and are the code by which operate. They are fundamental, enduring and actionable–a benchmark by which we measure the team behavior and performance.
- We put the customer first.
- We are passionate.
- We win as a team.
- We take ownership.
- We work with urgency.
- We are curious and seek the truth.
- We innovate & take risks.
Position open until filled
onX is an Equal Opportunity Employer