Freelance Finance Copywriter (Remote)
SmartBug Media™, a leading digital and content marketing agency, is seeking part-time, freelance finance writer who has practical experience in the field, particularly with:
- Expertise in writing about banking topics, including personal and business loans, investment and retirement planning, and money market accounts
- Experience writing about financial security and credit best practices
We are looking for someone who can consistently deliver high-quality work in the form of blog posts, e-books, and more. The selected candidate will work closely with our finance client to produce four 800-word blog posts per month, and one piece of premium content (e-books, white papers, etc.) per quarter.
We work with many clients in the finance industry, including banks, credit unions, and investment firms; qualified writers may also be given the opportunity to write for other accounts if desired.
This will be a part-time, ongoing freelance opportunity. The workload may fluctuate based on the clients' needs. All work can be done remotely.
- Create high-quality, differentiated and compelling copy in the form of blogs, e-books, and case studies for one of our largest clients.
- Attend or synthesize interviews with clients and subject matter experts.
- Write in Chicago or AP styles as needed.
- Work with the project team collaboratively through our online project management system.
- Understand the client's target audiences and personas to craft your messaging accordingly.
- Deliver quality work on-target and on-time.
- Present your ideas and receive feedback in a healthy and professional manner.
- Other related responsibilities as assigned.
Experience and Education Requirements:
- Authorization to work in the U.S. without employer sponsorship is required
- At least 3 years of experience writing for a publication is required
- At least 3 years of experience copy editing is required
- B.A. or B.S. degree is required; relevant field-of-study preferred
- Excellent topic ideation, writing and storytelling skills is required
- Exacting editing standards required
- A meticulous approach to grammar, spelling, blog structure, and providing the highest-quality, cleanest, most concise copy possible
- Ability to research topics and include references and citations
- An uncompromising approach to hitting deadlines
- Experience writing about finance is required
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office and Google Suite is required
- Experience working remotely in similar roles is strongly preferred
- Phone screening
- Video call with VP of Creative
- Spec article writing test
About SmartBug Media™
SmartBug Media™ is a globally recognized Intelligent Inbound™ marketing agency that assists businesses in growing revenue through content marketing, sales enablement, web development, marketing automation, and PR. For more than 10 years, SmartBug™ has helped businesses increase qualified leads, close customers, and enhance the reach and loyalty of their brands. We're one of a handful of HubSpot Diamond partners in the world, the highest-rated agency in the history of the HubSpot ecosystem, and were named HubSpot's Global Partner of the Year in 2018. With five Comparably awards won in 2018 and certification as a "Great Place to Work" for the second year in a row, it's clear that it's not just our clients that like us.