Upgrade & Migration Specialist
Companies around the world rely on RapidResponse, our cloud-based platform, to manage their supply chains, monitor risks and opportunities, and respond at the pace of change. At Kinaxis, we’re constantly breaking new ground, using new technology to push the limits of what software can do, including how quickly it can handle big data. Our platform ensures that the products we need – everything from medicine and cars, to day-to-day items like toothpaste – make it to market and into our hands when we need them.
We are currently looking for:
Upgrade and Migration Specialist
About the team
As a member of our Upgrade and migration team under the Global Customer Care group, you will provide responsive technical support to our customers and perform a range of operational activities from managing customer upgrade projects to resolving product or service issues. Depending upon the growing demands of our customers there is the possibility of shiftwork. Currently there is an occasional requirement to implement service change requests and provide support coverage on weekends and holidays.
What you will do
- Coordination of product updates rollouts, facilitate customer update validation and be the focal point for support cases related to the update, migration, or related projects.
- Conduct negotiations and influence others while being flexible and adaptable
- Communication. Explain the process, resources and steps necessary to complete a successful update. Answer questions, provide expertise and keep the customer informed throughout the update process.
- Participating in feature design meetings to understand and highlight potential impacts to customers during the updates.
- Review and provide feedback to larger support team on release notes and impact assessments.
- Follow a Knowledge-Centered Service (KCS) approach to solving customer issues.
- Liaison with the internal Software as a Service team and customers to coordinate infrastructure changes such as data center, or platform migrations
- Coordinate the design and deployment of changes following ITIL best practices using both manual and automated processes.
- Assist in the development of operational practices ensuring to maintain the security of highly sensitive and confidential data.
- Must adhere to all security and confidentiality requests for this position.
What we are looking for
- In addition to a post-secondary diploma or degree in a related discipline, you possess:
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Project management experience with strong organizational skills
- A customer service orientation is required.
- Solid working knowledge of the Windows environments, IIS, and experience with web-based applications.
- Experience with Manufacturing and Inventory management considered a valuable asset.
- Working knowledge of relational database and query writing considered a valuable asset.
- Knowledge of server-based OS platforms, database query languages, and hardware/software interfaces considered a valuable asset.
- Strong research and troubleshooting skills are required.
- Successful candidates must be able to fulfill all security and confidentiality thresholds for this position (SOC2, CGRP, etc.).
If you want to be part a team that challenges you, moves fast, improves constantly, and makes a difference, let’s talk.