Senior Product Designer, Polaris
As a Senior Product Designer for Polaris, you’ll work on the experience quality for Shopify’s design system. You will work with multidisciplinary UX teams made up of product designers, content strategists, user researchers, and UX developers to build a great experience for all of Shopify’s merchants. You’ll work alongside product managers and engineering teams to explore, build, and launch your ideas.
Our team manages our style guide and the documentation you see on , our React component library, as well as the education and advocacy for the design system both internally with teams within Shopify and externally with our partners building apps using Polaris for the Shopify ecosystem.
Requirements for the role:
- Demonstrated experience building and scaling design systems
- Knowledge of the end-to-end iterative product design process, including how to develop and use personas, job stories, journey mapping, content modelling, wireframing and prototyping, user testing, and high fidelity visuals
- A passion for systems work
- Strong communication skills and can demonstrate how you've collaborated across teams and disciplines
- A deep empathy for the user and a desire to learn as much as possible about how they use Shopify on every platform
- It's a bonus if you have worked with a distributed team and/or worked remotely.
- Work on projects from start to finish, while participating in various UX initiatives including design sprints, content mapping, sketching, wireframing, low and high fidelity prototyping, and leading stakeholder reviews.
- Partner with researchers to help your team develop empathy for our merchants and advocate for their needs. Data will be just one of the many tools you will use to help inform your work.
- Collaborate with different disciplines. You will work closely with engineers, product managers, researchers, and front-end developers to explore, build and ship your designs. You will help other disciplines understand the value design can bring to a project and ultimately build and ship the best products.
- Ship valuable and high-quality work without sacrificing speed.
This posting will close on Monday, March 30th at 9am EST.
At Shopify, we are committed to building and fostering an environment where our employees feel included, valued, and heard. Our belief is that a strong commitment to diversity and inclusion enables us to truly make commerce better for everyone. We strongly encourage applications from Indigenous peoples, racialized people, people with disabilities, people from gender and sexually diverse communities and/or people with intersectional identities.