Frontend Developer (Part-time | Remote)
Headquarters: Manila, Phillipines
You must be both technically proficient and have a keen eye for design and UI/UX. In this role, you’ll make a significant contribution to translating our customer needs and user expectations into interactive web apps.
You will be working with management on the west coast of USA (Pacific timezone), and working with a remote team in the Philippines. Must be willing to work between 10pm-6pm Pacific timezone.
In general, you’ll work closely with the product management, and development teams to create elegant, usable, responsive and interactive interfaces across multiple devices. You will, therefore:
- create quality mockups and prototypes, ensuring high-quality graphic standards and brand consistency
- conceptualize and design webpage layout
- turn UI/UX designs into prototypes, creating excellent interactions from designs
- write reusable code and libraries (with matching documentation) to a standard which makes it quick and easy to maintain the code in the future
- optimize applications for maximum speed
- design new features, or maintain old features
- collaborate with developers and project managers to improve usability
- proficiency in HTML5 and CSS3
- a high level of experience with UI layouts, SASS, LESS, and the CSS GRID system
- solid experience in using a complex REST API from the client-side
- solid understanding of cross-browser compatibility issues, and ways to work around them
- good understanding of code versioning tools, such as Git, Mercurial, or SVN
- good understanding of asynchronous request handling, partial page updates, and Ajax
- proficiency in graphic design software including Adobe Photoshop, Adobe Illustrator, and other visual design tools.
- excellent visual design skills.
What we offer
We offer competitive compensation. You’ll be working from home but will get plenty of support (and dog selfies) from our friendly staff via Slack and Skype. This is a telecommute position with flexible schedule -- you can work from home from anywhere.