IT Technical Support Engineer
- The IT Technical Support Engineer (Level 2) will provide excellent IT support services to the local business community whilst ensuring that Corporate IT policies are adhered to and maintained. Collaborating and assisting with corporate projects on a regional scale.
- Reporting into the Global IT Infrastructure team, this position is an IT Technical Support Engineer position that requires a detail-oriented candidate with excellent analytical skills as well as excellent communication and technical skills.
- Technically is responsible for research, procurement, and support of technologies such as (Windows client and server operating systems), network fileservers and Print devices.
- Other technologies that are required are Active Directory Management, understanding network components and Microsoft Office suite of products; required to work with Manufacturing System Engineers regarding connection of those systems to the network.
- The role will also encompass a degree of project work, mainly on a local or regional scale
- Travel: Required (less than 15-25%)
IT Systems and applications: (20%)
- Works with and fully understands local IT systems.
- This applies to standard operating systems. Local area networking, printing operations, global (companywide) and local (site based) applications
- Act as a local subject matter expert for IT
- Provide expert local IT knowledge to the business
- Train/mentor Level 1 TSE
- Maintain local IT services within the boundaries of Corporate IT policies
- Apply Corporate policy where necessary and educate local business with regards to policy
- Fix user issues by taking a logical problem-solving approach
- Remote support and assistance should always be available but local, quick response is a key to good support
- Keep up to date with IT trends, Corporate policies and known issues
- Spend some time each week to keep abreast of IT trends and industry standards.
- Spend some time each week on CBT / self-paced learning in order to enhance technical abilities
This position reports to (supervisor's position title):
- Manager, IT Support, Manager, Strategic Infrastructure, and Manager, IT Global Business
- Appropriately addresses user inquiries and problems in a timely manner.
- Monitor life cycle of computer hardware and recommend upgrades as appropriate.
- Troubleshoot hardware or OS failures and take necessary actions ensuring no or minimal downtime to clients.
- Coordinate with third parties for support services.
- Develop and maintain installation and configuration of specialized systems used by the R&D, Customer and Tech Service departments.
- Collaborates in corporate projects at a local and regional level.
- Provides input into related IT decision making processes based upon knowledge of local business requirements.
- Candidate must be able to work independently with little to no supervision and can make judgment calls and decisions without management approval. Since this position is dealing with senior management, the individual must possess the ability to take ownership to resolve issues in a timely and professional manner. This position also requires the ability to work with vendors to communicate expectations and manage project timelines
- Successful completion of duties will maintain the smooth-running daily operations of systems and processes including desktop support, network files, networked printers, and all plant manufacturing systems. This position allows for improved technical usage and functionality. Without this position, system problems and issues would not be addressed timely and processes could be delayed or stopped due to members from other teams without the expertise addressing situations.
Education/ Training/ Certificates/ Licenses
- MIS, Computer Engineering and/or Computer Science (with experience); A+ Certification, MCSE, MCSA, MCP
- 3-5 years within IT industry; Experience implementing and maintaining client computers; implementing change in clients environment with logon scripts, AD, etc.; experience with technologies such as Windows 7, 8.1, and 10 and Windows server operating systems.
- Interpersonal and communications skills
Ability to communicate with all levels of the business from shop-floor to management. Full driving license
Strong Level Required (Must be able to perform most basic functions as well as some advanced functions)
- MS Office/ Office 365 (Word, Excel, Outlook, etc.)
- Windows Server O/S
- File and Print services
- Windows Client O/S
- Specialist Area of Knowledge
- Basic Networking (LAN, WAN, TCP/IP, etc.)
- Strong written and oral communication skills; Effective communicator able to overcome barriers presented by geographically diverse virtual teams, challenging internal customers within the business environment and a variety of outsource providers Must be able to communicate effectively to all aspects of the business, from factory floor to boardroom.
- Strong ability to manage deliverables from creation to implementation while maintaining budgetary constraints and target dates; High degree of analytical and technical skill required;
- Ability to adjust to changing priorities, circumstances, direction and personal styles.
- Provide some input to annual AOP process
- Highly organized with the ability to work independently as well as in a team environment; Ability to generate creative solutions through innovation; Strong written and oral communication skills; ability to think pro-actively and strategically, self-starter, ability to work in a fast-paced environment
- Advanced knowledge of VBA scripting within Office applications.
- An understanding of Powershell and scripting within a Windows environment.
- Good knowledge of specialist IT area
Approx. Duration: 12 months
About Hired By Matrix
Hired by Matrix, Inc. founded in 1986, is a certified Woman-Owned Business Enterprise (WBE) dedicated to providing the highest quality of job opportunities to our candidates and staffing services to our clients. We are a full service staffing firm with experience recruiting and delivering for IT, Accounting & Finance, Administrative & Clerical, Clinical & Scientific, and Marketing disciplines. Our long history in the staffing industry and dedication to excellence are the key differentiators that have fueled our success for over 30 years.
Hired by Matrix offers our contract professionals competitive salaries, benefits after 60 days and a 401k option after one year.
Equal Opportunity Employer
- CEO Sharon Olzerowicz serves on the WBENC Board and is a long-standing member of the Forum Governing Group.
Connect with us on LinkedIn and see how we can impact your career!
Hired by Matrix Career Center: https://www.hiredbymatrix.com/find-work/open-positions/