This position can be remote.
Logistics done differently.
Join XPO Logistics, a company named among the most admired in the world by Fortune magazine and one of America’s best employers by Forbes. At XPO, we look for employees who like a challenge and can communicate effectively in all situations. As the Technical Writer, you will develop documentation, end-user manuals, reports, correspondence, meeting minutes, specifications, client notifications and presentations. Become a part of our dynamic team, and we'll help you develop your career to a level that will exceed your expectations.
Pay, benefits and more.
We are eager to attract the best, so we offer competitive compensation and a generous benefits package, including full health insurance (medical, dental and vision), life insurance, disability and more.
What you’ll do on a typical day:
- Support the business development process by preparing required documentation
- Draft meeting minutes, often with short turnaround times
- Create original content on many subjects utilizing source material
- Work cross-functionally with IT, Operations, Engineering, Human Resources and Facilities teams
- Assist with the publication of documents, including the coordination of company personnel, print vendors and other subcontractors
- Follow procedures for document publication, including getting appropriate approvals, assessing storage methods, etc.
- Organize, track, update and store electronic and hard copy versions of documentation in a secure environment
- Assist personnel by proofreading documents and providing editorial, design and application guidance
What you need to succeed at XPO:
At a minimum, you’ll need:
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent related work or military experience
- 1 year of writing experience in a formal technical writing curriculum with report writing requirements
- Experience with Microsoft Office (Word, Excel and Outlook) and technical writing software (word processing, page layout, etc.)
It’d be great if you also have:
- A degree in English, Communications, Journalism or a closely related field, or a Technical Writing certification
- Experience with Adobe Acrobat, Visio and OneNote
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Ability to work with and understand engineers, developers and others whose work is the basis for technical documentation
Be part of something big.
XPO is a leading provider of cutting-edge supply chain solutions to the most successful companies in the world. We help our customers manage their goods most efficiently using our technology and services. Our greatest strength is our global team – energetic, innovative people of all experience levels and talents who make XPO a great place to work.
We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, sex, disability, veteran or other protected status.
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by people assigned to this classification. They are not intended to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties and skills required of personnel so classified. All employees may be required to perform duties outside of their normal responsibilities from time to time, as needed.