Product Manager - Platform/SDK (Remote)
Job Description:Vertex Software is actively seeking an experienced Product Manager - Platform/SDK to join our growing team. The Product Manager will help us build out a platform that delivers on our promise of solving high-value problems for our customers. This person will have the opportunity to work closely with cross-functional teams to define, develop, and launch our platform to market. As an embedded member of our product teams, the Product Manager will ensure engineering, product, and user experience are all aligned toward the same goals.
This person will help deliver intuitive tools and technology to enable developers to build innovative applications that unlock 3D product data at their organizations. The ability to build strong customer relationships is critical so we can validate that our solutions are solving the right problems. This role works with our team of skilled engineers focused on creating exceptional experiences for the Vertex developer community.
- Work with product leadership to build a strategy and roadmap for platform development
- Meet with customers and stakeholders to understand their needs and constraints
- Develop an expertise in our industry, customers, and competition to become someone our cross-functional teams can rely on for leadership and knowledge
- Understand technical requirements to complete new initiatives and ensure the development team is set up for successful delivery
- Deeply understand our platform and speak to the technical implementation in a way that internal stakeholders and customers can understand
- Successfully manage the full product development lifecycle - from understanding user needs, to ideation, definition, development, and delivery of innovative solutions
- Partner with product marketing to develop go-to-market strategies and content
- Assess product market data and stay on top of changes in the market by calling on customers with field salespeople and evaluating sales call results
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent combination of education and experience
- 3-5 years in an agile product environment with 2+ years of experience on software and/or developer platforms
- Team player with proven ability to deliver products and APIs from inception to delivery.
- Demonstrated problem-solving skills and business acumen
- Experience working on developer-focused SDKs, APIs, and services
- Experienced coding apps and products in enterprise organizations
- Experienced with visualization toolkits and libraries e.g. OpenGL, DirectX, and Vulkan
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills with ability to articulate technical information
- Eagerness to grow, quick to learn from mistakes and adapt, and excited to build Vertex into the next big industry disrupter
- Ability to analyze, assess, and derive insights from data
- Experience defining or assisting with go-to-market strategies