We have a unique opportunity for someone to contribute their talents and strengths as a Remote Mortgage Servicing Underwriter
Underwriting at Computershare. We Bring the Work to You. Explore a fully remote role today! We are offering a $5,000.00 sign on bonus after 6 (six) months of full time employment.A COMPANY TO BE PROUD OFAt Computershare we invite you to share our vision and commitment to excellence in everything that we do. Our 12,000 people around the globe are entrepreneurial and innovative, serving 16,000 clients and customers with precision and reliability because they count on us to deliver, every time. Computershare (ASX: CPU) is a global market leader in transfer agency and share registration, employee equity plans, mortgage servicing, proxy solicitation and stakeholder communications. We also specialize in corporate trust, bankruptcy, class action and utility administration, and a range of other diversified financial and governance services.Founded in 1978, Computershare is renowned for its expertise in high integrity data management, high volume transaction processing and reconciliations, payments and stakeholder engagement. Many of the world's leading organizations use us to streamline and maximize the value of relationships with their investors, employees, creditors and customers.Computershare is represented in all major financial markets and has over 12,000 employees worldwide.DIVERSITY IS A STRENGTHAcross our global team, we see diversity as a source of strength. The more perspectives we have, the better equipped we'll be to meet the demands of our diverse global customer base. We want every person who joins out team, every customer and every supplier to feel welcome. We are an Equal Opportunity Employer and believe in equality for everyone, regardless of age, national or ethnic origin, sex, gender identity or expression, race, color, religion, disability, sexual orientation, protected veteran status or other characteristics protected be applicable law. That applies throughout our company, around the world with no exceptions, regardless of differences. We will hire, develop, reward, promote and retain people purely on the basis of their talents, commitment, potential and the results they achieve. We will work hard to make sure everyone is included within our organization, removing barriers and obstacles to give everyone an equal opportunity to succeed.OUR VALUESOur key values - Certainty, Ingenuity and Advantage - drive everything we do: you can count on us to deliver with precision and reliability, every time. We look beyond today's problems to find tomorrow's solutions, focusing on finding new and better way to unlock your competitive edge and help you achieve your business goals.A ROLE YOU WILL LOVEThe Mortgage Underwriter issues credit decisions based on the documented borrower profile within the guidelines of the program and client requirements. Underwriters will meet the minimum daily production goals and perform within department audit standards.Primary Accountabilities
- Perform data Input and analysis of findings in Encompass and other applications
- Review of credit reports to determine credit patterns, current liabilities, outstanding judgments and collections.
- Partner daily with Loan Processors/Originators and Private Mortgage Bankers on loan level solutions to come up with potential solutions for borrowers on complex deals.
- Calculate of Loan to Value ratios.
- Analyze income from salaried, commissioned, self-employed, investments, fixed income sources.
- Analyze assets statements for all types of asset accounts.
- Reconcile findings with published guidelines to address/resolve variances.
- Meet department performance standards.
- While performing the duties of this position, the employee will view, have access to, and work with confidential financial data. The employee in this position must adhere to strict confidentiality policies and procedures.
- Perform related duties as requested.
WHAT WE NEED FROM YOU
- Strong knowledge of Mortgage underwriting skill set (analysis of credit, income, assets, collateral, and guidelines).
- Excellent communication skills both in writing and verbally.
- Able to interact with all levels of staff and management.
- Excellent organizational skills with attention to detail.
- Able to prioritize workload and meet deadlines.
- Able to multi-task, problem solve proactively and think creatively.
- High attention to detail.
- Ability to perform according to standards and guidelines
KEY QUALIFICATIONSTo perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.Education and ExperienceRequired:
- 2-5 years mortgage residential underwriting experience.
- High School Degree or equivalent education
- Bachelor's degree or equivalent education
- Preferred experience with AU systems
Travel RequiredIt is expected that this position may include travel up to 5' of the time. This is subject to change based on many factors, including business needs.Language AbilityAbility to read/comprehend simple instructions, short correspondence, and memos; write simple correspondence; effectively present information in one-on-one/small group situations to customers, clients, and other employees of the organization.Mathematical AbilityAbility to add and subtract two-digit numbers and to multiply and divide with 10's and 100's. Ability to perform these operations using units of American money and weight measurement, volume, and distance.Work Environment
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- The noise level in the environment is typical of an open office environment.
Physical DemandsThe physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Sedentary work: Exerting up to 10 pounds of force occasionally and/or a negligible amount of force frequently or constantly to lift, carry, push, pull or otherwise move objects. Sedentary work involves sitting most of the time. Jobs are sedentary if walking and standing are required only occasionally and all other sedentary criteria are met.
REWARDS AS UNIQUE AS YOU
- A choice medical insurance plans designed to meet your needs
- Dental & Vision insurance
- Life & Disability insurance
- Flexible spending and health savings accounts
- Employee Stock Purchase Plan
- Paid time off - You'll accrue 3 weeks your first year!
- Nine Holidays
- $1,000 Employee Referral Program
- Wellness programs
- Matching 401(k)
- Tuition Reimbursement
- Banking and investments plans
- Rewards and recognition programs
- Employee discounts for wellness, auto & homeowners insurance, wireless service and more…
To learn more, visit us at .Your career is waiting.