Communications Planning Associate- Remote/Virtual
WorkReduce, the largest technology-enabled services provider for the media buying industry, is looking for a Communications Planning Associate with the ability to perform analytically and creatively. The role requires a strong working knowledge of the media space, including digital media, and available media research.
The Communications Planning Associate is the steward of the tactical communications planning process and provides mid-level strategic recommendations to the senior media team and/or client. The associate will have daily responsibility for assigned accounts and is expected to have an understanding of the client’s overall business and marketing objectives. The ideal candidate will thrive in a fast-paced, constantly changing environment and be able to adapt plans due to changes in client objectives, priorities or budgets while minimizing the impact on project momentum.
About Work Reduce:
We serve brands and agencies as a distributed team of media and technology experts operating through the WorkReduce platform. Our mission is to improve our clients’ lives and businesses. We are committed to providing employment that pays well, expands access to jobs and training, and makes a difference. We hire people who share our values of transparency, inclusivity, dedication, and fairness.
What you’ll do:
- Work with the management team (CPS, ACPD, CPD) to develop strategies for communication
- Create and maintain media plans, flowcharts, buying guidelines, testing plans & results analysis, budget summaries, plan delivery and competitive reports
- Write POVs as needed and evaluate new media types and outlets
- Support the Communications Planning Supervisor in collecting and evaluating syndicated consumer and media consumption information
- Strategize ways to effectively use media dollars to the greatest benefit for our clients
- Support ACPD/CPS as a facilitating contact point for the client’s internal media staff and the primary contact point to our client’s brand staff when media issues are discussed
- Assess problems and concerns in a systematic, logical and rational manner
- Potentially oversee the work of Assistant Communication Planners, ensuring that all deliverables are error-free before they are submitted to supervisors/clients
- Bachelor’s Degree
- 2-5 years of communications/media planning experience
- Experience with online research tools such as Nielsen, @Plan, AdRelevance, etc.
- Advanced computer skills (MS Word, Excel, PowerPoint)
- Participation in at least one full planning cycle and development/implementation of at least two media plans
- Thorough understanding of the media process, media department, and interdepartmental relationships
- Demonstrated ability to generate and present well-considered ideas and solutions
- Strong analytical skills with the ability to relate results to client business objectives
- Ability to manage multiple deliverables and seamlessly transition among them