Associate Product Support Engineer
We're committed to bringing passion and customer focus to the business.
Strong problem determination, isolation, and root cause analysis skills are required to diagnose and resolve complex technical issues in Proofpoints products. You will interact directly with our enterprise customers to deliver white glove service on each and every interaction. The daily work includes regular updating of support cases to record progress of open issues in our call tracking system, hosting shared sessions with customers to diagnose reported problems, interacting with Sustaining Engineering for items that require escalation, and documenting technical solutions and product information in the knowledge base. This is an advanced support group, you will act as an SME in a broad range of topics, owning and resolving all but the most complex of issues from start to finish. The work is frequently performed in Linux command line environments so appropriate skills are required. You will work as a team with our Account Managers, SEs, Customer Success Managers, and Professional Services to provide a positive customer interaction with Proofpoint.
- Provide technical product support to customers, resellers, and partners of Proofpoint
- Provide configuration help, troubleshooting and best practice advice to customers
- Manage cases in our customer support tools to ensure issues are assigned, tracked, escalated, and resolved within SLA targets
- Provide problem diagnosis and root cause analysis for technical issues
- Publish Knowledge Base articles for internal and customer audiences
- Review of technical documentation for training materials, technical marketing collateral, manuals, troubleshooting guides, etc.
- Participate in on-call support 24x7 rotation as assigned.
- Work towards the teams successwe win together
- 5 plus years of related experience
- Excellent written and verbal customer-facing communication skills.
- Complete competence working in Linux command line environments
- Advanced use of grep, regex, log scraping in command line, etc
- Strong experience with email system debugging
- Experience using remote hosting tools for customer troubleshooting sessions
- Experience with Palo Alto Networks, Cisco, Symantec, McAfee, Fortinet, or other email/network security products a plus
- Strong ability to independently debug broad, complex system environments involving multiple configurations and protocols