Technical Project Manager
Shogun, and we're on a mission to help people create the best eCommerce experiences in the world.
We were in the Winter 2018 batch of Y-Combinator, we just raised a Series A investment, we have over 10,000 active paying clients, and we're preparing to launch a new product in 2020 (you can read more in Tech Crunch).
Our teams are fully distributed and global (check out our team page)! We have no office, so we are looking for team members that are comfortable with and motivated by the opportunity to work remotely.You Are…
A Technical Project Manager with a desire to play a key role in a project implementation team and a background in overseeing of all aspects of projects. In this role, you will be working closely with the CTO and Product team setting deadlines, assigning responsibilities and monitoring the progress of projects.
This role is an opportunity to work both autonomously as a virtual employee and collaboratively with a global team, all while using cutting-edge technologies in a fast-paced environment.Responsibilities
- Collaborate with engineering teams to design, scope, and shepherd features.
- Research and evaluate specs, project scope, project schedule, in order to keep the project plan accurate, updated, reflective of project changes and facilitate customer acceptance.
- Conduct kick-off meeting and technical meetings with all key stakeholders in order to announce the start of the project and review the overall project plan, progress, questions and gain consensus.
- Guide and manage the usage of agile methodologies to simplify project delivery.
- Create functional specs, project / release plans, and roadmaps.
- Assign and oversee the daily tasks of technical personnel to ensure we're working toward established milestones
- Help influence peers / managers and build consensus while dealing with ambiguity.
- Build mutual trust and encourages respect and cooperation among team members
- 2+ years of experience in Technical Project Management.
- 1+ year with technical project management software such as Jira, Clubhouse and similar.
- Working experience managing and developing high-performing, inclusive, and mission-driven teams.
- Proven background in engineering Project Management processes, strategies, and methods.
- Taking on large, complex problems and breaking them into manageable pieces.
- Computer Science degree or equivalent experience or coursework
- Clear and precise written and interpersonal communication skills.
- Effective time management and organizational skills, especially when navigating and solving ambiguous, complex problems.
- Competitive salary
- Benefits (vary by location)
- A highly skilled and dedicated team that is fun to work with.
- Remote work – We are a fully distributed team that works from anywhere with good internet.
- Occasionally, we hire on a full time contractor basis to begin with. Team members enjoy the same opportunities for great compensation, full time positions, equity, and consideration, regardless of location.
- Work in the open: Operate with high integrity and choose what's right over what's easy. Be transparent as a company and with each other.
- People are People: Treat yourself, colleagues, and customers with dignity, empathy, and respect. Start from a presumption of positive intent.
- Win and grow together: Strive to be the best, individually and as a team. Support and encourage each other. Seek opportunities for growth.
Shogun supports workplace diversity and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, gender identity/expression, national origin, age, military service eligibility, veteran status, sexual orientation, marital status, physical or mental disability, or any other protected class