Media Buyer within Consumer Marketing
Looking for a user research specialist to design and carry out qualitative and quantitative studies to deeply understand the user experience of our in-development products. The specialist translates these data into actionable findings that product teams use to improve the product.
• Confidently demonstrates the ability to communicate with product team stakeholders, locally and remotely, and accurately identify critical research questions to be investigated through strong relationship management practices.
• Confidently demonstrates the ability to consider cost, timeline, and philosophy to determine the appropriate research method to apply to an outstanding research question.
• Designs, forecasts, and conducts user research studies, and acts as the primary communicative liaison between the product team and designated FTE partner.
• Establishes deadlines associated with analyses, reports, presentations, and projects, and works closely with designated FTE partner to ensure timely and polished delivery of responsibilities.
• Effectively assesses when a work item needs to be directly-owned by a User Researcher, and works closely with designated FTE partner to delegate otherwise trainable tasks to another FTE team member(s), based upon competency appropriateness, available staff bandwidth, and priority.
• General knowledge of, and working experience with, human observational research, experimental design, and questionnaire research.
• Must have participated in major research projects that involved running tests and analyzing data; working in an applied research or product development environment; and, presenting results to critical audiences is a plus.
• Must be able to work quickly and independently.
• Must have excellent interpersonal skills. Ability to communicate with, and persuade, varied audiences and argue for results (both orally and in writing) is a plus.
• A BA/BS in Psychology (cognitive, experimental, or social), HCI/HFE, or experience in Human Factors, or User Research is required.
• An MA/MS or PhD in Psychology, HCI/HFE, HCDE, or related field is preferred.