Seasonal Remote Customer Service Representative
Now hiring seasonal, work-from-home customer service
representatives to work at a faith-based
non-profit with a 4/6/2020 start date!
$14 starting hourly rate which increases to $15 once you complete training and hit the production floor. +$1 pay differential for bilingual (English/Spanish) candidates.
Have you been laid off due to corona virus? Are your hours being cut back? We are actively searching for seasonal help in our contact center - you can work from home!
Who We Are
At Christian Care Ministry we believe that Christians can, and should, share in one another's burdens. Through the use of Medi-Share®, a healthcare sharing ministry for Christians, we cultivate that belief.
Christian Care Ministry is a community of Christians that requires its employees to share its Christian religious beliefs and practices. CCM complies with all anti-discrimination laws applicable to religious employers.
Everyone at Christian Care Ministry agrees to our Statement of Faith which outlines our core beliefs. Although we aren't perfect people, we are serving our perfect God to the best of our ability.
We work hard to serve our members, but know we can only do that if we invest in our employees professionally, financially, physically, and spiritually. Through times of prayer, weekly Chapel services, plenty of professional development, an onsite gym, 401(k) and, great benefits, we purposefully invest in our employees so that our employees can invest in others.
Member Services Representative I - This very important front line person answers phone calls, emails, and other correspondence from members or medical service providers who may have questions or concerns related to the membership guidelines, a billing status, general provisions, technical support, or who want to pay their membership share payments over the phone or online. You must be able to work an 8 hour shift between 8am - 7pm, Monday-Friday. The most likely shift you would be assigned would be either 9am-6pm or 10am-7pm.
Essential Job Duties & Responsibilities
- Offer prayer to all members at every opportunity, be it phone or written correspondence
- Relay accurate and complete, sometimes sensitive or difficult to hear information to the caller with tact and grace
- Trouble shoot and resolve issues, and recognize when situations require urgent attention and escalate
- Work with a high sense of urgency with all medical service providers
- Show compassion and understanding to members in need
- Meet monthly service objectives as outlined by management
- Embrace any additional training, development, or special assignments with optimism
- Adhere to company rules and policies
- Seek to grow in the body of Christ; serve as a role model in professionalism, information accuracy, dependability and timeliness and if asked, mentor others
- All other duties as assigned
- Working knowledge of all current program guidelines
- Strong oral and written communication skills
- Keyboarding skills of 30 wpm or more
- Ability to: read and interpret documents such as safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions, and procedure manuals; write routine reports and correspondence; speak effectively with members, providers, and/or associates of the organization
- Ability to apply common sense understanding to carry out instruction furnished in written, oral or diagram form; deal with problems involving several variables in standardized situations
- Skill in the use of the internet including e-mail and search engines and word processing
- Ability to use a database system including how to update fields
- Basic knowledge of Microsoft office (Excel, Word and Outlook)
- Must be fluent in both English/Spanish
- Must be able to work an 8 hour shift between 8am - 7pm, Monday-Friday. The most likely shift you would be assigned would be either 9am-6pm or 10am-7pm.
- Knowledge of document imaging system
- Collaborates – builds partnerships and works collaboratively with others to meet objectives. This role requires a high level of internal customer interaction to meet objectives
- Manages Conflict – handles conflict situations effectively. This role requires to patiently and with humility accept that not every customer will appreciate our benefit programs and treat every customer with grace and respect
- Interpersonal Savvy – relates openly and comfortably with a diverse group of people. Must be able to communicate effectively and build engagement across all audiences
- Drives Results – consistently achieves results, even under tough circumstances and tight deadlines. Benefit open enrollment season requires hard and fast deadlines to be met 100% of the time.
- Situational Adaptability – adapting approach and demeanor in real time to match the shifting demands of different situations.
- Courage – ability to have tough conversations and deliver accurate advice and decisions regardless of risk or potential criticism
- High school diploma or GED required
- Certificate level education (or greater) in medical billing preferred
- Two (2) years of customer service or front office medical experience preferred
This job description in no way states or implies that these are the only duties to be performed by the employee(s) incumbent in this position. Employee(s) will be required to follow any other job-related instructions and to perform any other job-related duties requested by any person authorized to give instructions or assignments. This document does not create an employment contract, implied or otherwise, other than an "at will" relationship.