Enterprise Sales Engineer (Remote)
Mode is a powerful, collaborative analytics platform designed by and for, analysts. Armed with tightly integrated SQL, Python, and interactive data visualization tools, analysts use Mode to turn data into actionable insights in one, central location. Simple sharing tools let people throughout your organization access dashboards tailored to their needs and explore underlying data on their own. With everyone analyzing and collaborating on consistent data within the same platform, every department is able to quicken the pace at which they make brilliant decisions.
As an Enterprise Sales Engineer at Mode, you will serve as a technical guide and advisor to prospective customers. You will bring advanced solutioning skills and subject matter expertise to connect customer needs to Mode’s value. You will be the analytics expert deployed with our sales team to win new customers and drive revenue growth. Your insights from the field and market perspective will influence our product roadmap, ensuring you play a key role in our commitment to customer excellence.
What you'll do
- Deliver Proactively on Prospect Needs: Manage an exceptional technical customer journey from deep dives to trial management to prototyping solutions
- Serve as a Trusted Advisor: Bring perspective, curiosity, and deep industry expertise to build credibility as a trusted advisor and deliver value at every phase of evaluation
- Partner on Consultative Solutions: Connect the dots between customer needs, industry expertise, analytics best practices, and Mode’s unique value to create winning solutions
- Drive Value to Commercials: Ensure momentum through value delivery on technical wins to acquire new customers and maximize revenue growth
What we look for
- Experience in a technical customer-facing role in sales engineering, solutions engineering, and/or consulting
- Customer management skills with understanding of consultative selling methodologies
- Knowledge of data analytics and visualization; experience in SQL, Python, and/or R; and understanding of the data tool competitive landscape
- Creative and curious approach to solutioning, with ability to work hand in hand with technical teams, internally and externally
- Passion for collaboration in delivering customer outcomes
- Alignment with
is a collaborative analytics platform that brings teams together around data to make game-changing decisions.
In everything we do, we strive to put the people we do it for first. This starts internally: together we're building a culture that embraces diversity and learning, humility and gratitude. At the same time, we try not to take ourselves too seriously and strive for a healthy balance between work and personal pursuits.
Benefits you can expect as a Mode employee:
Generous, flexible PTO and family leave
Flexible work schedules—we trust you to know what will make yourself most productive
Generous professional development policy that includes funds earmarked for each employee's discretionary professional growth—Have a conference you want to attend? A class you want to take? If it's helping take your career to the next level, it's on us.
Excellent health coverage for team members and their families (Mode pays the 100% of the premiums)
Supportive work environment and a manager who is focused on your professional growth
Company events that highlight our team's passions and hobbies
Snacks and in-office lunches shared at our ever-growing lunch table
Mode is committed to building an inclusive and diverse workforce. We are an Equal Opportunity Employer and welcome people from all backgrounds, experiences, abilities and perspectives.