Program Manager, Global Expansion
GitHub is looking for an experienced PM to join its PMO and drive the execution of its growth strategy in different places around the world. GitHub is loved by millions of developers who use it every day to collaborate with other developers in order to build new projects while agnostic of time of time and place. This is possible because of our focus on a great user and customer experience for developers based on their sometimes different needs. In light of this, GitHub targets and plans our international growth strategy while optimizing for a great customer experience, which means there is a strategic planning behind our resource allocation, product and service value offerings, brand positioning, and creation of an operating model.
The International Expansion PM would work directly with the VP of International Expansion and will manage projects involving multiple stakeholders in many different teams that he or she will be responsible for pulling together, to determine and execute the operational and organizational models. Those teams include stakeholders in finance, and tax, in corporate legal, in HR, and in systems. The International Expansion GM will help drive thoughtful and efficient distribution of limited institutional resources to the countries where the company operates in, enable the development of data-based project management, and develop the right organizational and operational proficiency in carrying out international expansion projects and processes.
You will be responsible for:
- Create work plans and gather a team to execute different international growth projects such as entity creation.
- Partner: Work with a wide variety of teams across the globe to enable GitHub’s International Expansion Strategy
- Track and Assess: Learn GitHub’s business operations and help devise the most efficient mode of operation with stakeholders within the company and affiliates.
- Operationalize: Build templates and processes and we can continue to iterate on to become truly efficient at carrying out International Expansion projects.
- Innovate: Bring your customer obsession and your interest in making data-driven decisions to find new, better ways to solve existing problems. Leverage new technologies and processes to achieve greater scale.
- Communicate: Make sure leaders and stakeholders are continuously informed of the status of plan execution.
To be successful, you will need:
- 5+ years of program management
- Experience in corporate structuring
- Proven experience working in an independent manner with minimal oversight
- The ability to drive operations, and create project plans.
- An ability to spot issues and work across teams and to partner well with people with diverse professional backgrounds
- The flexibility to manage and balance workloads that may vary and be unpredictable and processes that may be repetitious
Who We Are:
GitHub is the developer company. We make it easier for developers to be developers: to work together, to solve challenging problems, and to create the world’s most important technologies. We foster a collaborative community that can come together—as individuals and in teams—to create the future of software and make a difference in the world.
Customer Obsessed - Trust by Default - Ship to Learn - Own the Outcome - Growth Mindset - Global Product, Global Team - Anything is Possible - Practice Kindness
Why You Should Join:
At GitHub, we constantly strive to create an environment that allows our employees (Hubbers) to do the best work of their lives. We've designed one of the coolest workspaces in San Francisco (HQ), where many Hubbers work, snack, and create daily. The rest of our Hubbers work remotely around the globe. Check out an updated list of where we can hire here: https://github.com/about/careers/remote
We are also committed to keeping Hubbers healthy, motivated, focused and creative. We've designed our top-notch benefits program with these goals in mind. In a nutshell, we've built a place where we truly love working, we think you will too.
GitHub is made up of people from a wide variety of backgrounds and lifestyles. We embrace diversity and invite applications from people of all walks of life. We don't discriminate against employees or applicants based on gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, race, religion, age, national origin, citizenship, disability, pregnancy status, veteran status, or any other differences. Also, if you have a disability, please let us know if there's any way we can make the interview process better for you; we're happy to accommodate!
Please note that benefits vary by country. If you have any questions, please don't hesitate to ask your Talent Partner.