Senior Content Marketing Manager
Magoosh is fixing a broken test prep industry.
Why should students have to put up with exorbitant prices for boring test prep classes and books that might not even work? With Magoosh, they don't have to. Our mission is simple: create products that give students everywhere access to enjoyable, affordable, and quality test prep. We help millions study at their own pace, on their own time regardless of location, social status, or background. Our team is driven to create the best content and study tools because we're out to change the test prep experience for all.
Magoosh started in 2009 with four co-founders and a few computers. Today, our team is growing fast and our products are used all over the world in more than 180 countries. Millions have studied with us, downloaded our apps, and watched our videos. And every day, we work with thousands of students to help them get the scores they need to get into the schools they want.
If you're a friendly, passionate, lifelong learner who's looking to make a real difference in students' lives, we want you to help us level the educational playing field. We also believe it's really important that our team reflects the diversity of our students. We strongly encourage members of underrepresented groups and people of diverse backgrounds to apply.
Check out our values here!
About the Job
Magoosh creates blogs and other free resources to help students learn about and prepare for standardized tests such as the SAT, ACT, GRE, GMAT, LSAT, MCAT, TOEFL, IELTS, and Praxis. Content marketing is a huge channel for Magoosh (30-35% of our paying customers come through content marketing channels), it's ROI-positive for us, and our team is on the cutting-edge of SEO best practices.
We are looking for a Senior Content Marketing Manager to drive forward a well-rounded content marketing strategy via planning and managing the execution of SEO blog content, multimedia content (such as downloadable assets and video), conversion funnel optimization, link building, and more. You'll initially work on our high school B2C products (ACT and SAT), but may also support our high school B2B content marketing efforts and/or other products. This position has the potential to grow into a management role.
This is a full-time position based in our office in Berkeley, CA. You must be authorized to work in the US.
The salary range for this position is between $122,000 - $136,000 depending on level of expertise.
In this position, you will…
- Drive awareness and engagement
- Develop creative and shareable content that is on-brand, consistent in style and quality, and optimized for our students' experience and SEO best practices.
- Strategize promotional efforts for key pieces of content.
- Plan an authoritative link building strategy to help improve our domain authority.
- Convert blog visitors to paying students
- Analyze key metrics pertaining to traffic, conversion, engagement, and brand visibility in order to develop conversion hypotheses for testing.
- Launch conversion experiments, interpret results, and determine next steps.
- Collaborate with our stakeholders
- Work collaboratively with our in-house and remote content marketing team and the greater marketing team to ensure our content is aiding our strategic marketing needs.
- Develop empathy for our students and stay up-to-date on standardized tests so that we can create timely content that is high in demand.
- Help out the marketing team in any areas needed (we're a small startup, after all!)
- Minimum 5 years of full-time work experience in marketing (with at least 2 of these years specializing in content marketing and SEO)
- A history of thinking strategically and creating innovative content marketing initiatives that solve complicated business problems.
- A track record of leveraging networking and partnerships to achieve content marketing goals as well as research and learning initiatives.
- Understanding of how content marketing key metrics directly contribute to company goals.
- Excellent understanding of SEO best practices related to content development
- Exceptional writing, editing, communication, and research skills
- Experience with WordPress, HTML, CSS, Google Analytics and/or SEO analytics tools (such as STAT Keyword Analytics, SEMRush, Moz, or Ahrefs), and A/B testing.
- Experience with content marketing outside of written content such as video, podcasting, and/or visual content.
- Experience with managing a team of writers, editors, and designers or similar.
- A passion for making a difference and leveling the education playing field
- Intermediate or advanced design skills
- Knowledge of technical SEO
- Experience with test prep tutoring, teaching, and/or college admissions
To learn more about our hiring process, check out our blog post.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.