Customer Service Representative
Job Title: Customer Service Representative
Location: Lakeland, Florida
Reports to: Customer Service Supervisor
Provide exceptional support and service to external and internal customers. Primary responsibilities include responding to global customer inquiries, orders, samples, technical documents, complaints, product information, pricing, inventory availability and dispatch dates. Duties include but are not limited to taking customer orders and requests via telephone and e-mail, providing production personnel with necessary order information and maintaining customer files in the JDE database. This position supports the Treatt sales team, Treatt’s commercial goals, and all the general requirements of our valued customers.
DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES
1. Receive and action in a timely and appropriate manner, incoming calls and e-mails from customers and sales personnel. Specific goals to be provided.
2. Address customer concerns and inquiries regarding orders, samples, product information, pricing, and inventory availability and dispatch dates.
3. Complete all necessary documentation, accurately update JDE with contract forecasts and provide production personnel with all necessary order and shipping information and documentation.
4. Provide customers with technical documents and tracking details, providing the Customer Portal option where applicable.
5. Gain a general understanding of the food, beverage, and flavor & fragrance industries.
6. Achieve a basic knowledge of Treatt’s core product offerings and how to offer to applicable customers.
7. Accurately maintain customer files and various forms of documentation.
8. Prepare various internal reports as directed by the Customer Care Supervisor.
9. Routinely liaise with RC Treatt personnel and other Treatt USA departments including sales, lab, shipping and production to ensure the delivery of quality customer service and support.
10. Act in the best interest of Treatt USA at all times and act in accordance with the Treatt Company polices values, and health and safety policies.
11. All other duties as assigned and customary.
EDUCATION & TRAINING
High school diploma or GED and 2-3 years prior business-to-business customer services experience required. Working knowledge of beverage/food manufacturing industry is helpful. Prior customer service experience in a manufacturing or production environment preferred.
KNOWLEDGE & EXPERIENCE
- Excellent phone and customer service skills.
- Ability to successfully perform basic math skills including fractions, measurements, additions, subtraction and conversions.
- Strong attention to detail is critical.
- Outstanding verbal and written communication skills.
- Time management is essential.
SKILLS & ABILITIES
- Ability to handle multiple tasks and initiatives simultaneously, whilst working in a fast-paced environment.
- Skilled in the use of various spreadsheet, word-processing and database computer software.
- Ability to work independently, self-starter
- Motivation to solve problems.
Environment: General business office environment
Physical Factors: Seeing, Hearing, with cubicle work areas Standing/Walking,
Business casual dress code (outlined in Climbing/Stooping/Kneeling, employee handbook) Lifting/Pulling/Pushing, and
Job Type: Full-time
- customer service: 1 year (Preferred)
- Health insurance
- Dental insurance
- Vision insurance
- Retirement plan
- Paid time off
- Work from home
- Parental leave
- Tuition reimbursement
Communication method(s) used:
This Job Is:
- Open to applicants who do not have a college diploma
- Monday to Friday
- Temporarily due to COVID-19