Customer Service Representative
If you enjoy interacting with people, providing outstanding customer service and are looking for a rewarding career, BPAS may be the right place for you! BPAS, Inc. is a national provider of retirement plans, benefit plans, fund administration and collective investment trusts. We service over 3,800 retirement plans and more than 450,000 participants in total.
The BPAS team of Customer Service Representatives is responsible for responding to retirement plan and/or benefit plan (FSA, VEBA, HSA) participant questions and inquiries via phone or e-mail in a polite, professional, knowledgeable manner. You must take pride in and truly enjoy assisting others.
* Hours: 8:30AM – 5:00PM M-F
· Learn and understand industry content. Maintain proficient knowledge of all laws and regulations applicable to this position.
· Learn BPAS Customer Service policies and procedures
· Become proficient with software applications utilized in the position.
· Study for and pass ASPPA (American Society of Pension Professionals and Actuaries) Retirement Plan Fundamentals Course, as applicable.
· Provide assistance to internal departments.
· As an integral member of the organization, this position is also responsible to provide assistance wherever necessary to help the department and the Company in achieving their goals.
Education: Minimum 2 year degree in Business, Accounting or related field preferred.
Experience: Customer Service experience required, or a degree in lieu of experience. Related experience working in some capacity with retirement plans or benefits plans(FSA, VEBA, HSA) also a plus.
Skills: Well-developed written and oral communication skills; highly organized and show an attention to detail; ability to prioritize work assignments and multitask ; display an intermediate level competency with Microsoft Word and Excel, as well as personal computer skills.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee may be required to stand, walk, sit, use hands to finger, handle, or feel, reach with hands or arms, and speak and hear. The employee may occasionally be required to lift and or move up to25 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, and the ability to focus.
Job Type: Full-time
Salary: $15.25 to $16.00 /hour
- call center: 1 year (Preferred)
- retail: 1 year (Preferred)
- customer service: 1 year (Preferred)
- Spanish (Preferred)
- Fully Remote
- Health insurance
- Dental insurance
- Vision insurance
- Retirement plan
- Paid time off
- Tuition reimbursement
- Work from home
Communication method(s) used:
- Answer incoming customer inquiries
- Collaborate with management teams to stay updated on new products, services, and policies
- Record customer information within our customer service database
- Engage with clients in a friendly and professional manner while actively listening to their concerns
- Offer support and solutions to customers in accordance with the company's customer service policies
- Other duties as requested
This Company Describes Its Culture as:
- Detail-oriented -- quality and precision-focused
- Outcome-oriented -- results-focused with strong performance culture
- Stable -- traditional, stable, strong processes
- People-oriented -- supportive and fairness-focused
- Team-oriented -- cooperative and collaborative
- Monday to Friday