Location: Vancouver, CA
About OLIVER & You
OLIVER believes that agencies work better inside a brand’s organization – delivering more effective work at the speed and flexibility required to drive modern businesses forward. Using our unique methodology, and supported by bespoke technology, we design, build, and operate specialist, dedicated agencies onsite with our clients. We believe that proximity enables better collaboration, leading to better marketing solutions.
Established in 2004, our model is now driven by nearly 3,000 people worldwide, working across more than 200 in-house agencies in over 25 countries. We are the undisputed leader in our space, which means we carry the responsibility and humility that comes with breaking new ground, continually evolving one of the most transformative agency models in history. People who join OLIVER come to us from all stages of their careers, from entry-level to agency veteran. They find a culture of entrepreneurism, direct and meaningful client impact, deep collaboration across offices and teams, and frankly, a bit of the unknown. If you’re most comfortable in safe, predictable environments, OLIVER may not be for you. That said, we will also give you the support, tools, feedback, and recognition to be your best – we want you to achieve what you strive for. The opportunities for growth are as wide as you can make them.
For this position, you will work onsite with our client Vancouver, CA. You’ll be part of a team that lives, breathes, and loves their brands, and excel in making creative, effective work in service of their business goals. You’ll work nimbly and flexibly with your OLIVER counterparts, have each other’s backs, and create stuff that makes you, and our client, proud.
About the role
OLIVER is hiring a Copywriter to join our team! If you love to write copy for print, websites, digital content, video scripts and have experience working at an advertising agency, then this is the role for you. We are looking for someone who has experience working on a range of projects for different industries, our clients include travel, hospitality, insurance, banking and CPG. The work changes from day to day, from updating a line of copy on a website one day to coming up with the "big idea" for a social campaign the next day. We look for flexible copywriters who are open to doing a bit of this and a bit of that.
What you will be doing
- Write, research and conceptualize creative, innovative content that brings readership and encourages sharing
- Write short and long form articles, social captions, headlines, banner copy, website copy
- Take briefs in from our on-site teams across North America to understand the needs of the project
- Ensure that the work that is delivered meets the goals of the brief
- Write copy that is within brand guidelines for our range of clients
- Be responsible for writing and ideation of creative that brings readership and enhances a brand
- Work on a range of projects including digital campaigns, articles, landing pages, social content and more
- Create and repurpose content for different usages working within brand guidelines
- Work closely with clients to create strong concepts from the initial brief
- Work closely with the Account Managers and Designers to take a brief from beginning to end
- Ensure consistency and quality across all written content
- Present and articulate concepts to clients
What you need to be great in this role
- 3+ years writing in an advertising agency or design firm
- 3 years’ experience writing collateral, ads, landing pages, digital content, video scripts social content
- Prior experience managing cross-functional projects and possess well developed project management skills as you will be working with more than one brief at a time
- Demonstrated ability to combine and translate complex material from different sources and contexts into stories and content that engage and resonate with target audiences
- Ability to multitask
- 3 years of experience presenting ideas to clients, the ability to clearly articulate your ideas
- 3 years of experience working with both digital and print based projects and have a solid track record of delivering big concepts and ideas with an outstanding portfolio to prove it.
- An enjoyment of working in a team-oriented and collaborative style with the ability to problem-solve