Copywriter | Global Beauty Company
Our client, a Global Beauty Company in New York, NY is searching for a Copywriter to support a brand on an ongoing contract basis.
This individual will be primarily responsible for writing strong social-first and online copy, acting as a creative partner to Digital Marketing and Production counterparts for digital and social channels. This person will act as a brand advocate in these important channels and ensure consistency in brand messaging and tone of voice. A key member of our Creative team, this role will work directly with Creative stakeholders, Global Marketing, Education, Online, PR, and others.
What You Will Do:
The Copywriter will write all site, email and social media content for monthly evergreen programs. He/She will partner with the Online, Social and Design teams to concept and execute ideas that are fresh, engaging and on-brand.
- Create and write engaging, on-brand copy for social and digital channels.
- Write all copy for site, email and social media content for monthly evergreen programs.
- Write product descriptions for .com and online retail partners.
- Partner with Marketing and Producers to concept new formats and ideas for social content
- Write scripts for how-to and other videos as needed
- Work with Education to ensure consistency and accuracy of product messaging.
- Collaborate with designers to ensure that assets effectively convey creative concepts and brand voice.
- Work on ad-hoc copy projects as needed.
- 5+ years of writing experience in related fields writing for advertising, beauty brands, e-commerce or editorial. Social media experience is a must.
- BFA or BA in English, Journalism or Communications preferred.
- Possess a strong social-first mindset, with the ability to flex copy and tone of voice as needed. Strong understanding of the digital and social media landscapes
- Strong ability to write about products, paying special attention to tone, context and consistency.
- Experience working closely with art departments and on set
- Ability to work quickly and efficiently under extremely tight deadlines, with the ability to turn revisions around quickly
- Highly organized with strong time management skills
- The ability to others by being proactive in asking for information, feedback, or resources
- A collaborative spirit and positive responsiveness to feedback