Digital Managing Editor
Location: East Windsor, NJ, Malvern, PA or remote
Comprehensive Benefits (Medical, Dental, Vision, 401k w/company match)
Salary: Commensurate with experience
HMP is a global media company that educates and informs the healthcare and public safety communities. Through live meetings, digital networks, and medical journals, we have a mission to improve patient care.
We are seeking a talented and enthusiastic individual to join our team as a Digital Managing Editor. In this role you will focus on the development and delivery of educational multimedia content for publication on our websites for healthcare professionals. The ideal candidate will embrace taking the initiative to communicate with opinion leaders (physicians) to seek out engaging content for our audience.
· Manage digital property including solicitation of manuscripts, content selection, review and edits.
· Build relationships with editorial board and identify KOL’s as sources for featured content.
· Monitor trends in the field to identify topics of interest to the website’s audience.
· Perform daily reviews of relevant breaking news and research and write briefs to upload to site.
· Assign topics for contributed articles and manage authors and freelancers by tracking deadlines and providing feedback on revisions.
· Work internally alongside Sales, e-Media, and Art departments.
· Create and deploy content for E-blasts.
· Develop content for social media channels.
· Perform interviews, including podcasts and videos.
· Upload content to CMS.
· Coordinate roundtable discussions and debates between subject matter experts.
· Attend industry conferences and events as representative of your brand.
· Pursue and maintain partnerships with leading organizations and academic centers.
Desired Skills and Experience:
· BA required, English or Journalism (preferred).
· 3+ years of relevant professional experience in digital publishing (health science/medical publishing a plus).
· Strong writing, proofreading, and copy-editing skills.
· Ability to manage multiple projects and meet tight deadlines.
· Familiarity with AMA style (preferred but not required).
· Knowledge of SEO best practices.
· Comfort with digital platforms; knowledge of content management systems (similar to WordPress)
· Knowledge of HTML.
· Proficient in Microsoft Office Suite (Word, Excel).
· Travel by air as directed by management (required).
· Verifiable and consistent work history.
· If considered for this position, please be prepared to submit 2-3 relevant writing samples.
Please follow HMP Global on LinkedIn for news and updates.