Customer Support Specialist
As a Customer Support Specialist - based out of our Madison, WI office - you will be responsible for the day to day support of PDS Help Desk Clients. By leveraging customer service skills and having an understanding of today’s technologies, you will solve a wide variety of challenges in a fast-paced environment that is managed using ITIL methodology.
Reports To: Team Lead
Direct Reports: None
Essential Job Responsibilities
General Duties & Responsibilities – 70% to 85%
- Provides first level support for inbound incidents and Service Requests from end users and client IT staff.
- Maintain end to end responsibility for customer’s support needs providing timely, reliable, and courteous service.
- Participate in and adhere to all SoP's such as the PDS Incidents and Service Requests.
- Assists with the development and improvement of work instructions, procedures, standards and documentation.
- Exceptional Attendance is a must
- Mentor and assist with training other customer support specialists
- Assists other Customer Support Specialists by acting as a touchpoint to hand off in depth issues before escalating out of the Level 1 support group. Conduct regular queue management to ensure adherence to SoP's
- Maintain appropriate level of skills to handle incidents and requests in line with established service levels.
- Provide feedback of intelligence gained through customer interactions.
- Make or suggest updates to the Knowledge within the Knowledge Management databases
construed as an all-inclusive list of position responsibilities. The Customer Support Specialist role encompasses a focus on customer support. A grade 1 analyst will provide general support duties while a grade 3 analyst will have a deeper accountability for mentoring and knowledge collection along with providing advanced customer service.
- High School Diploma or equivalent required
- Customer Support Specialist (CSS) Certification
- 2 years’ experience working in a Customer Service role preferred but not required
- Professionally respond to telephone calls, emails, chats and voicemails for customer support
- Technical writing experience
- Innovative, team-oriented problem solver.
- Strong commitment to providing quality service
- Excellent interpersonal, negotiation and communication (verbal and written) skills.
- Excellent organizational, time management and follow through skills.
- Ability to manage multiple competing priorities.
- Experience troubleshooting Microsoft Office
- Unwavering commitment to providing customers with an exceptionally high quality experience
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to sit, stand, write and operate a computer keyboard, standard office equipment and telephone. The employee is frequently required to move about and reach for items. The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job.
PDS is an affirmative action, equal opportunity employer.