Copywriter, Technology Marketing
Company Industry: Technology
Opportunity: The Mom Project is helping to source candidates for the above client who is looking for a Copywriter, Technology Marketing
Commitment Level: 40 hours per week, on-site, 50% remote, contract through December 2020
Our Customer is a data storage company. They help maximize humanity’s potential by delivering world-class, precision-engineered data solutions developed through sustainable and profitable partnerships. They honor their people’s craftsmanship, take great pride in successfully collaborating with their partners, and care deeply about customers and their data. Their solutions help protect memories, business intelligence, communication records, and so much more.
We are seeking a Marketing Copywriter and Editor on a contract basis to join our Customer’s Creative Editorial team within the Global Marketing organization on a contracted basis.
You’re an expert storyteller whose words make a brand stand out—from snappy taglines to long-form content. You can switch gears rapidly, writing B2B copy one day and B2C copy the next. You’ve tackled campaigns, product launches, landing pages, social media, events, and internal communications. You live for a good brainstorm session, presenting ideas to stakeholders, and receiving constructive feedback.
What You’ll Do:
• Work closely with writers, designers, and stakeholders to brainstorm concept ideas
• Write original copy for a variety of assets, including landing pages, emails, banners, social, channel resellers, video, trade shows, and more
• Proofread text and correct spelling, grammar, and punctuation errors
• Verify factual correctness of the information, such as dates and statistics
• Check text for style, readability, and adherence to editorial policies
• Rewrite text as necessary to improve clarity and readability
• 3+ years experience in marketing writing, preferably for the tech industry
• Mastery of persuasive language and on-brand storytelling
• Proficiency in Microsoft Office products and collaborative platforms such as Wrike
• Experience using SEO strategies in digital content
• Exquisite proofreading and editing skills—including a firm grasp of CMOS
• Understanding of style and adapting content to context
• Ability to manage a project effectively by coordinating with team members and stakeholders
• Ability to think conceptually and clearly articulate abstract ideas
Bachelor degree in English, Journalism, or related field
*** Please supply portfolio or sample of work within your resume submission ***
Hours & Location:
Standard M-F, 40 hours/week. The position will be starting as a remote role and then working out of Beaverton, OR office location.
Now for the Perks!
Health Benefits: Medical, Dental, Vision, Life (including spouse & child), 401k, STD/LTD, AD&D, and Commuter Benefits program.